Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disenchantment (Netflix)
If you are a Simpson's or a Futurerama fan, you should probably see this too. 

In this animated tale Matt Groenig takes on the tropes of fantasy fiction, but with that Groenig touch. The tale centers on Bean, a princess who does not want to be a princess. She is abetted by an elf named Elfo and her own personal demon, who is trying to turn her to the dark side. Although, she won't have to turn far. She likes to drink, gamble and steal carriages for joy rides.

All the voice actors from Futurama are there and part of the game is to match the voice actor from Disenchantment with the role they played in Futurama.

I'm three episodes in and so far it has been pretty fun.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

So, ten episodes of mostly uneven fare. The thing I liked most about the series was the music by Mark Mothersbaugh, particularly the opening melody.

There seemed to be a lack of cohesiveness to the story as the show did try to tell one overall story through the season. But the story changed half way through the series. Originally, two people sent a demon to corrupt Princess Bean to help them with their evil plans for the kingdom. But halfway through those two people disappeared and the demon just became a friend of Bean.

By episode eight, they introduced a whole new narrative arc which they sort of resolved or led to the cliff hanger in episode ten.

I did laugh during every episode. I just kept being puzzled by the weird storytelling.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Nope. I bailed after ep 1.  

I was a fan of the Simpsons, especially back in the Tracy Ullman days, but after Fox became Fox, I bailed on that too.  Once you follow the money with the Simpsons and Fox, it's all tainted.  Ironically, what I used to like about the Simpsons was its snarky take on politrix, which is perhaps why I never really got into Futurama because even though it makes its political barbs too, it wasn't as overt in that Archie Bunker way.  

I did kinda like the demon tho.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I liked the series, but I agree that the story was uneven. I think they remembered around episode 8 that they should probably have a “fantasy story arc” to propel the next season or three and added additional plot.

Still enjoyed it and look forward to next season.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.