Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Dolores O'Riordan
She was a Limerick girl.

She did not linger.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Heartbroken.  I've always had a special place in my heart for the Cranberries.  I saw them during my hazy Warfield years.  I cannot remember when exactly.  I remember knowing the band only marginally and one of my co-workers being really excited about that show - he passed away years ago.  He was raving about the band and made sure I got out for some songs, and he was right.  That show blew me away, one of those magical moments from my Warfield days that I'll always treasure, even if I can't remember the exact details.  I remember being transfixed in that way great music used to grab me, like watching an angel singing from the heavens.

For some unexplained reason, I never put together that they were an Irish band.  It's so feckin obvious now, but I just never realized until my recent Dublin trip, where I visited the Irish Rock & Roll Museum, and discovered that a bunch of bands I liked were of Irish origin, not just U2, the Pogues, Flogging Molly, and dear Sinead.  Arguably, there would be no Sinead without Dolores.  Her approach was Sinead's precursor.  I've been revisiting the Cranberries a bit lately, turning it up whenever a song comes on the radio (which will surely happen for the rest of the week).

I remember Greg's reaction when I told him that I just put together that the Cranberries were Irish, and the following lecture on her Limerick lilt, and how obvious that was, and how ever could I not know. I dunno man, all those UK peeps look alike.   Blush

I was going to post Zombie, my fav Cranberries tune, but this seems more appropo.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm either having a bad case of Deju Vu or you posted this exact same thing somewhere else on the forum.

Still sad. But they were one of those bands that fought amongst themselves and never got to the second act.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I think you're remembering our discussion about this, not a post.  But who knows?  I'm prone to repeating myself sometimes.  

Clearly she was a tortured soul, as many artists are.  I'll be curious to see what the cause of death was.  Especially since she was younger than any of us.   Confused
Shadow boxing the apocalypse