Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction
Man have I missed their voices. Amazingly positive and extra points for John Lewis. 

Interesting that this netflixer is episodic. Not sure if I’ll tune in for Clooney. Probably, just to hear more Dave.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It's on the list.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Had no intention of watching this, as I've developed certain issues with David.

But we watched the first episode tonight.  A whole different format for David, and he's much more likable -- emotional, cerebral.
And what can I possibly say about his one guest?
Very moving.
I'm nobody's pony.
Still a fan of Letterman. 

I watched That’s my time - three stand-up comedians introduced and interviewed by Dave extracted from the Netflix is a Joke event. It’s okay - Dave does a short bit, then the featured comedian, then they chat for a bit. Each one is less than a half hour.

Then, mysteriously, an episode of MNGNNI appeared, one that isn’t listed in any of the 4 seasons - Dave interviews Shah Rukh Khan. It’s a great ep. Khan is charming and the banter between him and Dave is witty, revealing, and funny. Plus Dave goes to Mumbai, near to where we were, and that’s spliced in with a dinner at Khan’s home. We meet his wife, and hear about their romance, which is like a Bollywood movie. 

I watched Dave’s interview with Billie Eilish, which was good too. Finneas also gets decent time and rightly so. Gordon, RMs director, has finagled his way on Billie’s tour as a Covid officer. They’re touring the UK now. He’s shared some tales of her so I have some extra, albeit biased, insight. 

I still admire Dave’s interviewing style.
I caught the Billie Eilish episode and the Ryan Reynolds episode. You can't pay me enough to watch the Will Smith episode.

I was surprised to learn about Ms. Eilish's Tourette's diagnosis. I am glad to see Finneas. I think he is the power behind the throne. And yet he is very humble about it. It took me about a week to get through the episode because of Smart TV issues. I saw the GoKart race three times.

Reynolds was fine as well. Not a lot of new revelations. He's pretty open about his mental health issues. I do know I want to live at this house.

Can you access the Shah Rukh Khan ep? I highly recommend it, even if you're not into Bollywood. It puts a lot into perspective.
If it's on the Netflix, I can probably access it.

True, but last time I checked, it wasn't in the listed in any of the seasons. You'll have to search it out.
Are you punking me on this?

Maybe.

Did you find the speed button?
I didn't look for it as i was not on Netflix last night. Too much Sportsball. But I'm aware of it's existence and the controversy it engenders. Filmmakers really hate people messing with their films and how the filmmakers want them presented.

Watched the Robert Downey Jr interview. That was funny and charming. I was amused that it started with a wing Chun question and that Robert includes fencing on his resume…sort of.
Vladimir Zelensky! Dave traveled 14 hours from Poland to Kiev to interview the Ukrainian President in an underground train station. The trains never stopped arriving and departing during the interview. The episode was filmed back in October so it is very relevant although I don't think I picked up any new revelations. It was pretty exciting to how the president was holding up.

I just noticed this thread, and have to say that I think the Billie Eilish Tourette's story is BS.

And I decided to give her a chance after that and got an album from the library. It sounded like a bunch of demos, like sketches that needed to be developed into songs. Thumbs down.
the hands that guide me are invisible
LCF and I watched the Zelensky episode.  David seemed to be throwing softballs. Not really a criticism.  You can't really ask about all the pregnant eastern Ukraine women, victims of Russian rapes.  All countries engage in rape to some extent in war.  But the Russians have developed it into an artform.  They massively raped German women at the end of WWII.  Now they're outdoing themselves in Ukraine.   Or David could have asked about all the mass graves, likely failed attempts to coerce Zelensky into surrendering by threatening to kill captured villagers.  In other words, Zelensky is having to make some hard choices, sacrificing individuals or even entire villages for the good of the country.  It's the dark side of his job.  David seemed more in fanboy mode, which is I suppose is what he should be.  Zelensky seemed to genuinely to enjoy his company, none of the forced grinning like when meeting with those Republicans.
I'm nobody's pony.