Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kid with the Tattoo (1980)
Thanks El Rey. Some how this gem has got by me until Shaolin 5 finger 8 diagram exploding death touch Tuesday tonight. A goofy comedy showing Wong Yue at the top of his game. Brilliant fight choreography filmed at innovative camera angles. The soundtrack - wacky electronic circus music accompanies Wong’s stoogish pratfalls. That music - so annoyingly bad - With full on looney tunes sound bytes. I wish I could get a soundtrack of those tracks just to irritate people. An absurd plot hardly worth mentioning - Wong thinks his cotton-dealer dad is a gangster, he’s smitten with wuxia tales, and falls in with real gangsters. But it’s those fight scenes, long complex single shots, imaginative framed for the 80s, many from bird’s eye views, acrobatics over stairs and bannisters, some big jumps clearly not faked. such precise weapon play, quite impressive. Might have to watch this again and just focus on some of that choreography. There’s some great sequences to pillage, but no one moves like Wong when he’s on, so it would be difficult to emulate. His timing and distance is impeccable, backed by his jumping agility and quickness.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse