Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Lucky
I guess the best description is that it's Steven Soderbergh's Redneck Ocean's 11.

Channing Tatum and his one handed brother, Kylo Ren, decide to rob the Charlotte Motor Speedway after Channing loses his job. They hire James Bond to be their explosives expert.

It's all very tricksy and stylish in that Soderbergh way. People have to be broken out of jail. The cops have to be deceived. Wrenches in the plot need to be dealt with. But it all goes smooth as silk. Some of the characters are directly mirrored from the Ocean 11 franchise. But it was an enjoyable confection with a great cast which included Hillary Swank and Dwight Yoakam. Kylo Ren is surprisingly good as the one armed brother.

My favorite scene in the movie came during the prison riot where Dwight Yoakam is going over the demands of the inmates. George RR Martin and his books play an integral part in the negotiations.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

surprisingly charming.  

and i totally agree - that george r.r. martin negotiation scene was the funniest bit.

i've decided i really like adam driver in everything except star wars.

craig was great, playing against type and pulling it off quite well.

katie and hilary were underused.

i kinda want to try that gummy bear fake salt and glue stick trick.  writing that out on the wall was hilarious, but a dumb clue to leave behind.

and just to clarify, it was ocean's 7-11.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse