Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Mirror -- Season 4
Just a heads up to set your clocks ahead to June 5.

That's when Season 5 hits Netflix.

A new thread for that?
I'm nobody's pony.

lots more celebrities.  hope that doesn't spoil it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Yay! Black Mirror Season 5 is on netflix!

Boo. only 3 eps.

Striking Vipers was better than all the new Twilight Zone eps combined.  Mantis and the Black Ranger?  Well alright then.
Smithereens was engaging.  I love both Eric Forman & Moriarty and this was a great showcase for both of them. No way that was Los Gatos tho.

Saving Miley for later.  Three eps makes for too quick a binge.
Ditto DM on "only 3 episodes?"  Not worth starting a BM5 thread.

Smithereens didn't appeal to me that much.  It was too present-day, even felt a bit dated for the idea it was exploring.  Very tense, but in familiar ways, and seemed too drawn out in that regard.  As always, top-notch acting.

Striking Vipers felt a bit slow, but it had a great concept at the core that was visually striking and thought-provoking.  Once more strong acting.

Miley is still on the back burner.
I'm nobody's pony.
There excuse was Bandersnatch was a bunch of episodes.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

That's a dumb excuse.  I'm sure they were data mining with our Bandersnatch eps anyway.  Maybe they can make an AI-written ep based on the choices made in Bandersnatch.  That would be so meta.
Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too (S5E3) is my favorite of this season.  It's just a fun romp that gets increasingly bizarre and requires a whole lot of suspension of disbelief.  Miley Cyrus gives a great performance, as do others.

That's the common thread throughout Black Mirror episodes.  Great acting.

I'm now going into twiddle-my-thumbs mode until next year.  Sigh...
I'm nobody's pony.
I second cf's thoughts on Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too. That was the pick of the litter. I have this odd relationship with Miley because I watched her grow up, more so than any of you.  For years, Tara and I would spend Sundays at my folk's house.  I'd check in with my mom and how she was taking care of my dad, and we'd all watch Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.  So I watched a lot of Hannah Montana, I daresay nearly all of it.  Miley was a tremendous talent, a true ingenue, and so I've followed her career, her pop icon rise, her bad girl downfall, with bemusement.  R,J&A2 captured a lot of her talent, that cutesy pop star to that F-bomb droppin fallen disney princess, and showed that she can truly act, even if this was a role that must've been written for her.  It was a great spin on the possessed doll motif, and worth it to her Miley's take on NIN. I hope she does more of that actually.  

On the whole, S5 raised the bar with notable actors.  E1 was a disturbing concept that has nagged at me since mosty because of the revelation that Mantis' real name is Pom. E2 was long-winded given it's ultimate point, but well acted. E3 was exactly what I look to Black Mirror for - totally satisfying.  

So when is Season 6? Commence thumb twiddlin now.  
(06-07-2019, 10:47 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: That would be so meta.

shit (bm) just got meta

I want that Miley...I mean Ashley O... NIN vid.  This song is based on Head Like a Hole.
Watched RJ&A2 again. Tara has been w/out internet for a week+ with her move into her 1st apartment and wanted to catch up. Got Stacy to watch too and she usually only watches costume dramas or British murder mysteries. We all enjoyed it, especially Jack. Tara agreed with me about how this is such a perfect part for Miley - almost autobiographical in that black mirror way. I was struck by how well the story was constructed, particularly the foreshadowing of the end credit club in an early scene. Definitely a stand out ep, like that Callister one in S4.
Black Mirror Season 6

Quote:Unsettling Black Mirror advert claims we're all living inside season six of Netflix show

Black Mirror fans keen for new episodes have joked that 'it all makes sense now' after spotting a rather chilling - albeit fake - advert for the hit Netflix show

[Image: 2_DNP_CHP_030620Slug_1160-NETFLIXJPG.jpg]
[b]These adverts have popped up across Madrid[/b]
Since the fifth season of Netflix's Black Mirror was released in June 2019, fans of the show have been desperate for new episodes.
For those who haven't seen it, the programme, created by Charlie Brooker, is a dystopian, science fiction anthology series which examines modern society and the unexpected consequences of new technologies.
As the name suggests, it can get pretty dark and makes for a rather unsettling watch at times.
The sixth season has currently been put on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic, with Brooker recently telling Radio Times: "At the moment, I don’t know what stomach there would be for stories about societies falling apart, so I’m not working away on any of those  Black Mirror  episodes."
Following his statement, people online began to joke that we didn't need new episodes as living in 2020 was like living in an episode.

One ad company in Madrid decided to take this idea and run with it, creating a fake ad on Photoshop.
The mocked up advert, which has nothing to do with Netflix, claim that the sixth season of Black Mirror is out now - and we're all living it.
Made by Madrid-based company Brother Ad, the poster features a mirror that has the words "Black Mirror. 6th Season. Live now, everywhere."
The advert, if it were real, would allow people to snap a photo with themselves reflected in it, as if they were starring in the show.

Quote:Hahahaha! It all makes sense now! This whole 2020 thing was just a social ad for the new season of Black Mirror! pic.twitter.com/FzNjoHYPmJ
— Brutum Fulmen Growing For Humanity (@BrutumF) June 2, 2020
Read More
People on Twitter who spotted the ad didn't hold back their thoughts on it.
One person said: "This Black Mirror ad is haunting."
Another wrote: "Hahahaha! It all makes sense now! The whole of 2020 was just a social ad for the new season of Black Mirror!"
[url=https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/netflix-raising-subscription-prices-uk-13860409][/url]
Someone else shared a photo of the add, asking: "Why is this season so long?"
"This would actually be oddly reassuring if it were true," added a different user.
And you didn't move this to the Netflix section why?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm