Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Mirror -- Season 4
Maybe this will help you get over your Black Mirror/Electric Dreams/anthologies withdrawal.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Quote:
Black Mirror Season 5 to Include Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Episode

BLACK MIRROR NETFLIX STREAMING TV NEWS TV PREMIERE DATES
BY KYLIE HEMMERT 
ON OCTOBER 1, 2018

image: http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/up...mirror.jpg
[img=640x0]http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2018/10/blackmirror.jpg[/img]
BEGIN SLIDESHOW
Black Mirror season 5 to include choose-your-own-adventure episode
Netflix has revealed that Black Mirror season five will be premiering this December, and fans will get the chance to interact with the show like never before as Bloomberg (via Screen Crush) brings word that Netflix is planning a choose-your-own-adventure episode for the hit Emmy-winning anthology series.
Netflix has played around with interactive storytelling in animated kids shows, such as the streamer’s Puss in Boots where the viewer can choose whether the feline fights a god or a tree, for example. Black Mirror will be the first time Netflix has attempted their choose-your-own-adventure model on a live-action program.
Netflix will also be “developing a slate of specials” with the same model, the outlet notes, in either a TV episode or movie. Jim Eko, the chief operating officer of Eko which producers interactive shows said: “The time is right for interactive TV to become mainstream experience.”
Created by Charlie Brooker, Black Mirror is an anthology series that taps into our collective unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia. Without questioning it, technology has transformed all aspects of our lives; in every home; on every desk; in every palm – a plasma screen; a monitor; a Smartphone – a Black Mirror reflection.
The fourth season of Black Mirror premiered on Netflix at the end of 2017 with six all-new episodes and a finale that nearly felt like an ending to the entire series. Black Mirror first aired on BBC before making the transition to Netflix. Its one-off episodes have featured a whole slew of fan-favorite talent in front of the camera including Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out), Toby Kebbell (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Jodie Whittaker (Doctor Who), Hayley Atwell (Marvel’s Agent Carter), Domhnall Gleeson (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World), and Letitia Wright (Black Panther), plus many notable directors behind the camera including Joe Wright (Darkest Hour), Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane), John Hillcoat (The Road), Tim Van Patten (Game of Thrones), David Slade (30 Days of Night), and Jodie Foster.
[/url]image: http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/black-mirror-season-3/bm_crocodile_vertical-main_pre_us.jpg
[img=182x0]http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/black-mirror-season-3/bm_crocodile_vertical-main_pre_us.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/990087-black-mirror-season-5-to-include-choose-your-own-adventure?slideshow=129921]

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss!

Quote:'Black Mirror' Film 'Bandersnatch' Is Coming To Netflix Later This Month
And it features a time-warped London

[Image: 161b08f6-c439-41bd-9410-f42b7ef54800_152...esize=80:*]
BY OLIVIA OVENDEN
19/12/2018
[Image: 1497440573-1477046504-charlie-brooker.jp...size=480:*]-
[/url]
Charlie Brooker's dystopian series Black Mirror is shifting gears for its forthcoming instalment and releasing a film in addition to its fifth season.
The news was confirmed today when a keen-eyed Netflix user 
spotted the title card for 'Bandersnatch' revealed it was a film and not an episode of the season as expected.

Whether this is the choose-your-own-adventure instalment that's been promised remains to be seen, but it looks likely the film will feature a time-warped London.
The word 'bandersnatch' was spotted on a poster giving notice of filming in Croydon One shopping centre, the same area where photographs emerged of retro refits of shop fronts such as WH Smith and Pizza Hut.

[Image: Dbk36RjX4AgamcA?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: Dbk37j6XcAE6jZi?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: Dbk39_PXcAE8A-o?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: Dbk4A7PWkAAgB1T?format=jpg&name=360x360]

Quote:[Image: 7lGix7rM_normal.jpg]
Chuck Thomas@chuckthomasuk

Netflix are filming Black Mirror in Croydon! They're building 1980s replicas of WH Smith, Wimpy, Pizza Hut and FADS. Who wants some Opal Fruits?

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=988883226428092417]8,789
12:51 - 24 Apr 2018

A bandersnatch is a fictional creature that appears in Lewis Carroll's nonsense poem Jaberwocky. What relevance this character will have in the film is unclear but it might be a hint the story is more playful than melancholy.
Given the success of the Emmy-winning episode of season three San Junipero, the film might not only be a bigger play for more awards, but also have taken note that the episodes with a more hopeful message prove popular in our tech-fearing times.

Earlier this month Netflix tweeted (and then swiftly deleted) a preview of their December content with 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' scheduled for the 28 December. If this hasn't been changed after the leak, fans will be treated to a Brooker concocted film before the year ends.
Miley Cyrus confirmed earlier this month that she would be appearing in the fifth season of the Netflix show, but beyond that details are scarce.
Bandersnatch Dec 28. Or so the rumor mill has it.

Where is the BANDERSNATCH REVIEW!!!!!!?

(12-28-2018, 10:16 AM)Greg Wrote: Where is the BANDERSNATCH REVIEW!!!!!!?

Damnation Greg.  I clicked this link when I saw you posted because I figured YOU posted a review.   Angry

I'm at work today.  I'm hoping to watch it tonight.
I was watching The Protector. I might watch tonight now that the Queen has returned.

Of course since the movie has many variations how do we review the same movie?

(12-28-2018, 02:33 PM)Greg Wrote: I was watching The Protector. I might watch tonight now that the Queen has returned.

Of course since the movie has many variations how do we review the same movie?

Okay, when you first posted that you watched The Protector, I was thinking this:

Do you know it?  It is arguably the worst Jackie movie ever, and he's made some real stinkers over the last 100+ films.

That being said, most of the time it doesn't even sound like we're reviewing the same movie here, so what difference does it really make in the end?
DAMNATION!

So I got a new AppleTV for Xmas. Our old one was getting really glitchy. I don’t really care for the interface because now everything is channeled thru apps, the preview trailers are automatic, and it’s been a pain trying to get all our channels back. But I got Netflix going. But you know what? FeckinBanderFeckinSnatch is interactive and won’t play on this device.

Thanks 2018. Thanks for one last kick in the teeth. I am a sad panda.
I can watch Bandersnatch on my chromebook.  

I am a happy panda.  Or maybe I should say I'm a brillig panda.

Review coming soon.
Alright, that was pretty funny, I must say.  It got meta, and then you realize the level of the prank.  Definitely drop the tab. Colin was the psychedelic fusion of ed & dm, back in the daze of the dormouse society.  You can get stuck in loops if you repeat actions, so definitely make different choices if you find yourself backtracked.  And when given the choices, the answers are 'Netflix' and 'Fuck Yeah'.  

I am ready for Season 5.

I should note that I only ran it once so only got to one ending.  I suspect there's something completely different if I don't go with the Frosted Flakes.
I tried to get to a different ending by making completely different choices but the variations were minimal. There's some dead ends that force your path.  And I couldn't figure out how to fast forward so I had to sit through a lot of it again.  I gave up after the unavoidable acid trip.
The Queen and I have Bandersnatched.

I heard there were 5 different endings. I sort of do want to see the different variations just to see but I don't really want to go through the movie again. Supposedly there is over 5 hours of material for viewing. I might go back and just say no when it asks if I understand the directions.

Some of it was very meta which made me laugh. But a lot of it was very repetitive and didn't really go anywhere. As an exercise in what is possible, it was a success. Story wise, it was very shallow. I thought the Netflix shoutout was the funniest bit.

After looking at the reviews, I think I went through one of the longer harder to find endings. I am tempted to try some alternative paths, but I am also tempted to read books and find other TV shows.