Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse in the house
I thought about title-ling this thread 'rat in the flat' or ... well, I can't think of a rodent name that rhymes with bungalow.  It's been a persistent problem with our demon cat Shiva (aka Dawn but I've renamed her).  She's a great hunter and brings us mice, hummingbirds and other small birds.  But she's not a killer so I'm often tasked to chase her gifts from the bungalow. I don my old black fencing gauntlets and wield my Balinesian dragon-headed cane which I leave by the door every since I had to chase a raccoon from the bungalow.  It is an application of my kung fu and maybe someday I'll write a blog about it for KFM using notes from here, so I'm going to start recording this.  

This is my DOOM tales of Seabright bungalow life.  I live with a lot of vermin, it seems.

This morning I slept in after last night's reggae show - it was delicious as I don't sleep in often due to my wake-up-drive-hwy17 reflex - only to be wakened by Stacy who has already embarked on xmas dinner prep.  Mouse in the kitchen.  Or maybe it was a rat.  It was big, but not quite rat sized, had a thinnish snout, but mousey ears.  The chase went on for maybe 20 mins, mostly in the kitchen - I thought all was lost when it got behind the refrigerator and had to pull all the wine out of a shelf it ducked into - but I finally got it out by back door.  

We've been hearing scratching in the ceiling and behind the heater - Shiva stares watchfully at it.  This mouse nonchalantly made it for the cat dish while Stacy was cooking and Shiva was napping so maybe it wasn't brought in by the cat - maybe it lives in our walls and thinks we're roommates.

We've had several live rodents over the last year.  When Tara leaves, Shiva tends to bring us something.  It's the way her twisted cat brain works - replace the cub with a catch. Tara is home for the holidays but she slept over at a friends last night.  

Two mice got away in the past.  One ducked under the piano.  Another under Tara's bed.  We never found them.  I have a live trap under my bed that's never been sprung.  

There will likely be more to come here.  Stay tuned...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Not a creature was stirring...

Yeah, just found the source of that funky growing smell in Stacy's room. Dead mouse behind the shelf. Ew. My Xmas eve morning was corpse removal and anti-bac.
Crime-scene cleaners make good $. You now have experience, so why not start a lucrative sideline?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Meh. Been there, done that.

I shouldn't have told you that.
FYI you need to put the trap along the wall; that's where they like to run. And it works best if they can't escape. That's how I de-ratted our old garage. But gophers were really my specialty.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Cleaning up bodies left by the cat is one of my jobs and I feel really guilty when it happens and I’m not around because Stacy loathes the task.

There was a mouse in the house while I was in LA. It was still alive so Stacy managed to coax it out of the front door. She texted me the blow by blow.

There was a mole in the house last week when I stayed at my mom’s after Sifu’s funeral reception. Also alive. Also coaxed our the front door. Also texted.

Last night, it was a bird. Dead. Brought in just when I got in a nice hot epson salt bath. I had to get out, deal with it, then go back to the bath which turned tepid.

This cat - there’s a reason why I nicknamed her Shiva.
Maybe Kali would have been better?
the hands that guide me are invisible
Funny story.

We occasionally get mice at our 100 year old Oakland home.

Dee Dee sets these 'humane' traps around. Little plastic mouse houses where the door shuts behind them when they enter.

I usually take these mice to my office complex and release them far from any buildings. This one time, I forgot to release it and left it in the car. Dee Dee asked me to give it some food and send it on its way. I collected the trapped mouse from the car and took it inside. I opened the tiny door and attempted to give it some dried banana. Of course it jetted past my hand and leapt to freedom.

CUT TO: 2 days later

Mouse poop is discovered by the coffee maker.

Exterminators are called. Sticky (inhumane) traps are laid and rodent infestation fears run high.

No mouse is ever caught and yours truly keeps his mouth shut.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Woke up to a dead chick.
Gross way to start a Thursday.
I put my hand in bird poop when I went to fill up the bird feeder this morning.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(05-17-2018, 06:17 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Woke up to a dead chick.
Gross way to start a Thursday.

(05-17-2018, 06:33 AM)Greg Wrote: I put my hand in bird poop when I went to fill up the bird feeder this morning.

We are in bird hell.  

[Image: MaxBeckmann_BirdsHell.jpg]
The other Max...

[Image: max-ernst-unesemainedebonte1934-360x486.jpg]
[Image: attirement-of-the-bride.jpg]
I'm nobody's pony.
There was a 2nd dead chick. The ants told us. Nice welcome home, cat.
Sorry thought this was the Joe thread - moved post to here: http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...6#pid29956