Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkest Hour
This would make a good double feature with Dunkirk.  Not that I've seen Dunkirk.  Stacy saw it and said it was a mediocre war flick.  I could've watched it on the plane but opted for other films.  Anyway, this is the same story but instead of the front lines, it's Churchill's point of view.  HP factor 1 (Sirius) Downtown factor 1 (Lady Rose).  Oldman vanishes into Churchill with astoundingly good make up.  That was impressive.  Award worthy. Rose seemed superfluous at times, the commoner eye candy.  Kristen Scott Thomas as Churchill's wife was too supportive to be believable.  But an amusing period flick, quite predictable, yet not without merit.  It's really all about Oldman's skill as an actor.  It was funnier than I thought it would be, despite the drab WWII UK colors.  I needed to kill some time in Menlo yesterday and this was all that was playing at the Guild.  But it worked out.  I was amused.  Wouldn't recommend it unless you like historical dramas. Good dialog in British accents. No swordfights or bollywood numbers.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse