Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy
How to describe the police noir unicorn story...

There is a lot of bloodshed. They drop an F-bomb that for some reason Syfy didn't bother to beep. There is lots of shooting. The Queen had to look away it got so bloody.

And there is Patton Oswald as the Flying Purple Unicorn. That's right. Flying Purple Unicorn.

It would be an understatement to say this is an odd duck of a TV show on the SyFy channel. And it seems pretty uneven and slow and unsure of it's tone in the first episode, but I'm going to keep watching. There were lots of dangling story threads that I want to know more about.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Grant Morrison is one of my favorite comic book writers. If you ever read his "Doom Patrol" or "Animal Man" stories you get familiar with his "Fucked Up LSD Trip" style. I didn't find it nearly as violent as the TV adaptations of "Preacher" or "The Walking Dead" but it is pretty graphic for SyFy. Yes, the pilot wasn't mind-blowing (you should watch "Legion" for that), but I will watch 'em all.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
It wasn't the blood so much as the strobe effects and the fast moving and bouncing all over the place. I got less nauseous during Cloverfield.

Well, okay, the blood was excessive. Especially where it came from. I didn't need THAT much spray.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
I luv Preacher. It's one of my fav shows now, after Badlands and M@A.,

I'm not into TWD. I see zombies everywhere so watching a tv show about them feels like watching the news.

The only thing I like about unicorns is they stab yetis with their horns.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You bitter, wee man!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
What is it with yetis & unicorns anyway? I just don't get it.
(12-14-2017, 01:19 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: What is it with yetis & unicorns anyway? I just don't get it.

Maybe the fact that, until today, they were both thought not to exist.

NASA is supposed to make a big announcement today.  Though I haven't checked the news yet, I think it's safe to say it's about the discovery of yetis and unicorns.
I'm nobody's pony.
I'm taking this over to the appropriate thread now.  http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...2#pid27152
Hey, ED, I did read a lot of Animal Man back in the day. I probably still have a few issues tucked away in the back of the closet.

The Queen has put an end to Happy in her attendance so I caught up on a few while she was at an ANSC meeting.

More of the same. Eps 2 and 3 didn't have the level of ultra violence the pilot did but it was still pretty graphic. They keep showing a lot of Christopher Meloni butt. They are giving us back story. It all just seems to be moving at a really slow pace. According to Patton Oswalt's tweets, episode 4 is where everything really goes off the rails. Episode 4 is next.

Since when did SyFy start to think it was Netflix, with really good original programing? Also, how is it that graphic novels seem to provide all the good shows these days? Oh, right — they are already story-boarded.

Anyway, “Happy” on SyFy. Watched the first 2 eps last night, hilarious and violent. It’s llike The Singing Detective but with ultra-vi, drugs, and cursing.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I should probably continue watching this now that the Yeti is on board.

(06-08-2018, 08:21 AM)Greg Wrote: I should probably continue watching this now that the Yeti is on board.

I’ll be in DC Sunday until Wednesday, and I have an ASNC meeting Wednesday night, Thursday night and the following Monday night, so lots of opportunities.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.