Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite single malt?
I'll be traveling up the peninsula, from my Chiro in Palo to S.F. Chinatown, to the Phil Lesh show at BGC. I'd love to see Victory on the way and help you work on that whisky...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'll be enjoying Victory until about 4 p.m. and then I'll be teachafying the young'uns from 5 until 6:30-ish. When are you driving northwards?

Miss The Queen, I don't drink very fast at all, so come up when you can - there'll be plenty of it around!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
my chiro is at 11 (half hour session) and i'm debating about swinging past rasputin in mtn view to trade some stuff, so i'd be heading up around lunch time. do you want to do lunch? (not brunch, real men do lunch, dammit!) or we could just drink your whisky and be super real men. whatever. i don't want to cut into your work day too much, plus i want to get down to chinatown for an hour+, and then over to bgc by 4:20 or so...

when do you arrive at victory?
I achieve Victory no later than 10 a.m. and am usually there around 9-ish. Lunch would be fine, but we'll have to get it "to-go" and eat in the shop. Crispy-Fried eels...?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
How would the Pom owner know what real men do? I'm just asking.

To keep on thread, I got my father a very nice 18 year old Glen Livet. He can have one glass a year.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
...that would give me more time in Chinatown.

How about I swing by a little after noon? Take-out crispy fried eel sounds delightful.
Done. The soy-braised fishtails look pretty good, too. I think my problem with Chinese food stems from having the bland Panda Express version. The stuff around here has been pretty darn tasty. I'll still say "No, Thank you" to fried scorpions, though.
excellent. i'll cell you when i leave palo alto on tuesday.

as for fish tails, fish maw is better. i had this fav dish of mao's that was fish maw, basically some sort of smashed fish head, steamed in spices, exceedingly hard to eat because it was a mouthful of skull splinters and jagged teeth - a lot of sucking jeelied bits o flesh from sharp shards. i swear it was some kind of sturgeon because i did get a big chunk of maw and it looked like the saw attachment of a swiss army knife, only sharper.

panda express is the taco bell of chinese food.
The Top 10 Most Expensive Whiskies in the World
April 16, 2013 By admin
http://www.only4realmen.com/interesting/...the-world/
For those who want to get their knowledge on, might I suggest Joe Abercrombie and his Whiskey Deathmatch? Although, it should be Whisky since most of Whiskey's are of Scottish origin.

Joe is a well known Dark Fantasy author who's books I highly recommend. But he took time out in his blog to taste test a dozen or so Whiskeys. You can find the reviews here: Whisky Deathmatch

The reviews are quite extensive and he is about to start another series on the Islay Whiskys. Since I am such an avid tippler, I have no idea what he is talking about. But you lot might.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
His Whisky-Fu is strong. His books rock, too.
Eagerly awaiting TG's post trip Round-Up of Whiskies!
Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote:Eagerly awaiting TG's post trip Round-Up of Whiskies!

I have failed you. I only sampled a Talisker (didn't like. I'm not into "peaty") and the Scapa 16 (which I really enjoyed. So much that I shelled out the 60 GBS for a bottle...I plan on cracking that sucker tonight and verifying that it was as good as I thought).

I mostly focused on beer. :drinkers:

This one was particularly tasty:

[Image: Y9tfomGMYqa7k-Ns8CY4fGcuVcY9_ShLXCr8CjTP...e=1024x768]

--tg

PS: I also bought a wee bottle of Ardbeg. Probably couldn't drown a mouse with it, but why would you do that anyway?
Well played sir.
Ach! Peaty is *ambrosia*!

The good news is that there is a lot of non-peaty whisky at the shop, so come by any time and enjoy. If you ever decide to come over to The Peaty Side, I have that taken care of, too.