Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder on the Orient Express
Now that we're empty nesters, we're going out to movies regularly.

This has a fantastic A list cast assembled by Branagh, but his Poirot wasn't working for me. His Belgium accent reminded me too much of Clouseau and his ree-deek-que-luss moustache was really distracting. There was some fine cinematography and excellent performances - given the cast, there were bound to be some scene gems - but we knew how it ended from the original film which spoils the mystery and suspense and it felt like the cast was just having fun with the remake instead of taking it somewhere fresh. I like Branagh - he should go back to doing Shakespeare because he can really deliver there and few actors can handle that prose as deftly. But he can miss, especially with these remakes (Frankenstein - nuf said).

I may have dozed off at some point. 

The take home was the Daisy Ridley will be the next Natalie Portman. She can hold her own with such a stellar cast. Made me mourn a little for Carrie again, because there would be no Natalie or Daisy without Carrie, and she never got a decent role after Leia. But watching her stand up solo show, she had the talent for much greater than what Hollywood typecast her as.

Not recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm not going to see it since I know how it ended. And being fooled is part of the fun of seeing a mystery.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It was either this, Jane (which looked sad) or Victoria & Abdul (just can't escape Judy Dench I guess)

After my double hitter NerdKingBuddysEnd with the MCU & DCEU, I needed something less comic book. And this was sorta comic book.  Sad
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Three billboards seems to be the film to see at the moment.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm