Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thor: Ragnarok
Kneel!

For a few days, I am a lord among MCU nerds. 

This was very satisfying and I'm not huge into the MCU, but I'm getting there. They have perfected a formula and here they apply it to a mash-up space opera mythical flick. Cate, Jeff, Anthony rock their roles and Tessa is a fyne sword hottie. I laughed out loud several times - more than usual. Good 3D - worth the extra change. 

The screener was supposed to be Mercado but the heater flooded so we moved to eastridge, then the 3D was off so they had to stop it, reload, and restart. But once it got going, pretty much immediately, it kept it up through out.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
One more thing - Taika was hilarious. I chortled at almost every Korg line. And I finally made my peace with this version of the Hulk. 

Okay, that's two things.

Now KNEEL.

or I may start dropping spoilers.

Happy Halloween.
Ton of fun. I did not know who voiced Korg until the credits. Made it even funnier. One of my friends gave it Best of Series, the other gave it Worst of Series (but still entertaining and worth the $). I just enjoyed it. There was a super-majority of Aussies in the major roles. What happened to MAGA?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
First off, a certain New Zealand director might not take kindly to the fact you referred to him as an Aussie.

So, yeah. It was fine. I think I saw too many of the trailers since nothing in the movie seemed new. Except for Korg who seemed to be doing outtakes from Flight of the Concords.

Everybody had the same voice when they were doing jokes.

I wanted more from the combat in the arena. I wish the movie had centered more around that scenario. I wasn't a big fan of Hulk talking.

How much money do you have to pay Led Zeppelin to license their music? I was under the impression that never happens.

Some of the sequences were incredibly beautiful. Some of the fights were incredibly well done.

Hela seemed to be under utilized.

My cold heart was unmoved by this movie.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I agree with the Yeti -- I thought it was a lot of fun.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
It was good fun and like I said, I'm not that devoted to the MCU.

Greg is just grumpy because I was Lord of Nerds seeing the screener before anyone else here.

And I'm gonna do it again next week.

Are you kneeling yet?   

I was referring to the Aussies. The Kiwi can fend for himself.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Just to prove Greg wrong, I saw it again.  And it holds up.  Still funny, still fun.

Okay, not really.  I respect Greg's opinion no matter how wrong it might be.  I treated Tara and her bf to it - in 3D no less (set me back a half a yard!!)  But it was fun.  They laughed a lot.  I did too, not as much as them or as the first time I saw it, but it's still pretty funny.  I gotta give our Graphic Designer props for telling me about the Frog issue of Thor prior to the movie, so the frog joke was actually funny to a non-Marvel nerd like me.
It was a hoot.

It's funny that a "Thor" movie would be funnier and more slapstick than the "Guardians of the Galaxy" franchise, but it worked.

The sooner you kick back and accept that this is Mel Brooks meets Simon Pegg the more fun you will have.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Just to prove DM wrong, I saw it again. I still don't like it. Everybody has the same sense of humor. I don't like my heroes to be that jokey. It was weird to see Thor the Cut-up. I also wished Cate didn't have to wear those damn horns all the time. She looks much better with her hair down and the raccoon eye shadow.

One thing makes the Thor Blu-Ray release to that of Justice League. You get all the extras with the Marvel release. JL wants me to buy the disc. Ha. That won't happen.

Of course most of the Thor extras weren't worth the time. If I didn't like the ad-libs during the scenes why would I want extended versions of those scenes?

All that being said, there is one great cinematic moment in the film. During the last battle on the rainbow bridge, when Thor has regained his power of lightning and he rides the lightning bolts down onto the oncoming army as Led Zeppelin blares in the back ground. That shot gave me chills.

‘My name is Greg Lynch, and I hate fun.”
I thought that was a given?