Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorillaz @ Bill Graham Civic 10/04/17
Sorry for the late review, but I got hit by the flu shortly after attending the show.

This review wiill be more subjective than my others because it made me really question the socialogic side of concert-going.

I had just seen Gorillaz at L.I.B. and was at peace with the world. The show had been scheduled after L.I.B. so it was an extended encore for what we had seen a couple of weeks earlier.

The opening bands were Vince Staples and Dennis Brown. Popular rap acts (I guess) but as I don't care for most rap I spent my time catching Pokemon.

We were casually sitting in the balcony when the Gorillaz came on.

Immediately a woman pushed her way down to the only open seat in the section and proceeded to stand up, blocking everyone behind her, and raise her hands in the air like she just don't care. No one else was standing, just her.

She was partially in front of me but I was not feeling confrontational and had seen the set before.

It did set me off on an internal debate about "I bought my GA ticket, I can do what I want" versus "Please do not block my seated view".

I do not have the answer - do you?
[Image: magpie13.gif]