Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kong: Skull Island
Ah, so much fun. Lots of good monster violence. Lots of stupid people getting killed. Lots of Helicopter destruction.

For some reason, Kong looked weird but oh well. I think Tom Hiddelston had extra stiffener in his chin for this role. Very humorless.

But the destruction and the animals made up for so much. Big guilty pleasure. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I love that both Kong and The Big Sick had Cubs fans as major characters.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Meh.  Note that I saw this on an airplane, which always flattens the sound and reduces it to a screen the size of a postcard.  

I did enjoy the performances.  Nice to see Hiddleston do something less Loki, but agree with Greg's observation.  The Johns were great (C. Reilly & Goodman).  Brie was kinda of flat - jury is still out on her for me.  Jing Tian was so negligible, a classic flower vase (inserted Chinese actor to get the PRC market).  Mostly it was about Samuel L. Mothafeckin Jackson, who was great and I luved his final line.  

The choppers were very Apocalypse Now, but who doesn't luv a good copter crash? I was amused by the Red Sun nod too. The Cubs ref was cute for sure.  The main evil creatures - skull whatevs - looked too much like hairless chickens with spy-vs-spy heads to work for me.  I liked the Kraken (Kong tako). Prolly better on the big screen.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse