Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year
Tbought I should take a break from the ultravi with some Bollywood. This stars Sharukh Khan, now in his 50s and as chiseled rock hard dreamy as ever (steroids are awesome!) and Deepika Padakone who is as skinny and sultry as ever. It's a diamond heist revenge tale set at a ... wait for it ... dance competition in Dubai. A team of losers assemble, hack the national contest to become team India despite only having one real dancer - Deepika, who dances at a bar. You know what happens next.

Oh no you don't. This is Bollywood so only cf might guess. The colors are retina-wearing dayglo. The locations in Dubai are opulent. The humor is dumb - there's a whole elevator scene where everyone is talking in their minds but can hear each other - wth? And the diamond safe is really dumb. I mean who builds a monster safe over an old vent you can crawl through and under a drainage pipe you can swim out of? But the fights are amusing - gratuitous slow mo and one high atop a Dubai tower with Sharukh in yellow sweats with black stripes set to Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.

So much patriotism. When the Dubai fountains lit up in Indian flag colors, even I felt a surge of pride for a country that stole my heart. I found myself wishing I lived in a country where a patriotic film would be inspiring. 

Not DOOM recommended. Not even sure cf would get into it. It's super pop Bollywood, dance, romance, sentimentality and goofy humor. But it was a good bite of wasabi between sashimi chunks. Now back to some ultravi. The end credits featured a dance contest for the entire cast - make up, drivers, directors, producers - amusing to the end.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse