Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Bloodfight
Take the ol kumite plot and replace it with hotties. It's a film by Bey Logan, an HK stuntman who I've known professionally for years but never met. We did biz back when I worked for Wing Lam Ent. Kumite is a Japanese word but this is all Kung Fu, right down to weapons and shaolin vs wudang. The actresses are all fit hard bodies clad in odd sports bras and leggings or traditional KF garb. It's quite Karate Kid: protag meets master by getting saved from being beaten from a gang (same blurry view from the ground then ko), protag takes crippling injury, master heals with martial magic. There's also the kickboxer (or was it bloodsport?) arc: protag is tracing the path of a missing relative who fought in the kumite. There's locker room and shower scenes but no nudity (wth?) Fights are mediocre - sanguinous, acrobatic, 1 hit:1 cut. Dialog is super forced but all the actresses are really easy on the eyes so who cares? Shot in HK, the scenery is authentic except for the inevitable warehouse set where the kumite is staged.

Not recommended but there is an awesome DOOM drinking game here: whenever someone spits blood or pauses to since at the camera away from the opponent after being bitch slapped, take a shot. With those rules, I doubt any of us could make it even halfway through this flick.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
This film takes on a whole new light now.  Or maybe dark.

http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4297
Shadow boxing the apocalypse