Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tick (2017)
I was never a big fan of the Patrick Warburton version of 'The Tick' It tried hard to be funny by being dumb.

But I like the new Tick on Amazon. Their is some smarts going. I like the Tick portrayal, who is still dim but he is surrounded by smart things. The villains are fun. Arthur is fun but I hope they get past his reluctance to be a hero and his mental illness soon.

And the world is bigger for this version. There is a lot going besides just Albert and The Tick. I am interested in the side characters. The Queen and I burned through 5 half hour episodes last night because the episodes kept ending on cliff hangers and we wanted to know how it was going to turn out.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

We sat down to binge through the remaining episodes. Turns out they only released six rather than the hoped for 10.

Grrr. I am really enjoying this.

They are going to release another 6 episodes in 2018.

I'm liking it too.

The psychotic Arthur angle really worked. The FX are awful, which I find retro and refreshing. The dialogue is faithful to the '1966 Batman-esque' rhetoric and the action is modern-bloody-violence which seems to work.

I'm OK with this.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I watched it after the praise here. It was feckin' WONDERFUL!

Cliffhanger!!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
New eps have dropped (lookit me, all *slangy* with the slang & stuff & whatnot).

Binged. Wonderful.

I have such a crush on Miss Lint.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
And done. We did spend several nights watching. It seemed the first half of the season was better.

I adore Midnight.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
The Tick (Peter Sckquerrifnavkisvitch — whatever, the Tick Guy) was masterful. If you have not seen Melissa McCarthy’s “Spy”, you really should. It was surprisingly funny, and The Tick Guy was hysterical
I like the writing, but it doesn't touch my heart. I don't care about the characters, I just wait for the next joke. The guy playing "The Terror" is fantastic - I almost want him to win.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
(03-01-2018, 06:47 PM)El Dingo Wrote: I like the writing, but it doesn't touch my heart. I don't care about the characters, I just wait for the next joke. The guy playing "The Terror" is fantastic - I almost want him to win.

That’s Jackie Earle Haley. The short “cutter” from 1979’s “Breaking Away,” and Rorschach in “Watchmen.”
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
What about Jack Eearl Haley in Escape to Witch Mountain?

I watched the first 2 episodes of the Patric Warburton version. It wasn’t bad at all. The animated series was still the best.
Binged Season II. It was good, I was entertained, but The Terror really added some panache. Still worth your time if you liked Season 1. I still have a crush on Miss Lint.
I'm still pushing my way through the second season. It's not atop the list of things I want to watch. It's more like "Oh,yeah, I haven't finished this yet"

They don't seem to be doing much. No big battles or set pieces. Arthur spends the time whining. The Tick is the Tick who wants desperately to do something but doesn't know what. John Hodgeman does John Hodgeman as the nerdy scientist.

It just doesn't seem to be as fun as the first season. All the characters are stuck in the same actions.

But the set up for Season III...!