Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frogman Experience @ Bocci's 8/25/17
A young Kung Fu brother plays lead in the masked and costumed funk space 3 piece. I first noticed him as the one who had Phish stickers on his car. He's still getting his feet under him in Kung Fu. He just earned his PhD at UCSC in environmental studies, and is moving back to the east coast to get married and find a job. This was the final performance of Frogman Experience. They headlined last night at the Catalyst atrium. Tonight they were supposed to play in the Bocci courts but stupik Bocci's double booked a burlesque show and they got bumped to the bar. I'm sad I never caught them earlier because they had a pretty jamming sound and my classmate, who tends to be timid, has got decent chops and the front man on stage. He doesn't wear a mask but goes by the Wizard and dons a silver pointy wizard's hat and a satin robe. They got the crowd dancing, except for a quartet of Hell's Angels that were hanging out in the back. I peaked at the burlesque on the way out - they were dancing to the time wrap - very amateur, not worth the $8. FE was no cover, so I splurged on some Green Spot Irish Whiskey. Bocci's has a decent whiskey shelf.

He leaves next week. I hardly got to know him but will miss him.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse