Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramayan
As you all know, I've been intimately involved in Ramayana for years. I first read it in India as Stacy and I walked some of the very paths of Rama and Lakshman. Then Tara was a version in elementary twice, once as a monkey then as Lakshman. Then she's done in four times in high school and it was an insanely lavish production.

Ramayan is a 2012 56 ep tv series from India available on Netflix. It drops the last a as a dialect thing (I have an Indian yoga shirt that says yog - the final a isn't always voiced or written.) No, I haven't watched all 56 eps, just cherry picked my fav moments from the epic. I turn it on and watch some randomly when I get tired of surfing Netflix titles and give into some comfort programming.

At 56 eps, it's still incomplete. Tara's final lead character of Mandodari, Ravana's wife doesn't seem to appear. Nevertheless it's glorious in its cheesiness and gaudy effects. So self indulgent. So colorful and overblown. The cgi is like from 20 years ago, really bad but completely unapologetic and wonderful especially with the depictions of the gods. 

Cf should check out a few eps. As for the rest of you, if you don't know the tale, just skip to the final ep for the dumbest arrow fight ever. 

It is the most magical of tales. I will never tire of hearing it.

JAI SHRI RAM!!!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse