Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tag (2015)
MFrom the DOOMly director Sion Sono.

What

The

Heck?!

Surreal pseudo-artsy gratuitous extreme kogal sanguinosity.

There's almost a resolution in the end, but not really, just a big feckin tease hardly justifying the 80+ mins spent watching this Sion indulgence.

I don't know how else to describe this. I got nothing else. 

cf - TAG! You're it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
A lesser effort from Sion Sono, based on a simple idea that runs out of steam towards the end.  Still, it was intermittently entertaining.
There's one horrific effect done several times throughout the movie that is very effective -- and no, I'm not talking about up-skirting.

What continues to impress me about Sono is his extended action scenes put to music.  The action often isn't elaborate, maybe just some people running in terror, but it's immaculately filmed in a single shot, going on for minutes, focusing on the expressions of the people, set to atmospheric music, eliciting a powerful emotion.  Sono has done the same in other movies, such as Love Exposure, Why Don't You Play in Hell, Themis (very dark and brutal, but an emotionally powerful ending), and Tokyo Tribe (which I rewatched recently, enjoying it again, and while some of the acting is uneven, wow, the lead actress nails everything she does).

A further plus for Tag is that it is wall-to-wall women.  Only towards the end do a couple men enter the film, and their parts remain minor.  This is totally focused on women, and it's a wonderful vehicle for actresses, letting them showcase their various and sundry abilities.

Worth watching the first twenty minutes at least.
I'm nobody's pony.
White feathers. That's really the bottom line in this film, not in an artsy way, in a fetishist way. White feathers and blood.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse