Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant of the Senate by Al Franken
The Queen saw Franken on his book tour. She got an autographed copy of this book during the meet and greet as well as a pic with the senator.

I never thought Franken was all that laugh out loud funny, more along the lines of thinking what he just said was funny but no real belly laughs.

But this book is different. It's not a laugh riot but it is a great primer on what it means to run for and then eventually work in the Senate. It talks a lot about the nuts and bolts about being a senator. He talks about his colleagues. He writes about what a pain it is to be constantly fund raising. He goes over the big issues of his time in the Senate like the ACA and Citizens United. 

Oddly it's optimistic about being a senator. It's obvious from the book he loves being a senator. He's still a goof ball but he keeps it in check and he doesn't mind making fun of himself and his odd propensities. He also really doesn't like Ted Cruz.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I saw him once.  But I've told you that already here.  Unless you can't find it.  It's next to my Apu trilogy review.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've been reading a couple of his previous books:  "Lies and  the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" and "The Truth (with jokes." I read "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" years ago. They're a good reminder that not everything we're seeing in politics right now is brand new with 45. 43 and his staff were really adept at telling self-serving whoppers, too. 

Phhhhhht.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
If Al Franken is not our next president I will be very disappointed.

It's also cool if he runs with John Stewart on either side of the ticket.
[Image: magpie13.gif]