Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Defenders
So I tuned in to support my cast mate Marko Zaror. That was quick. Do I hafta watch the rest? Iron fist bugs the crap out of me. He throws that first punch and his wrist is bent wrong. Wth?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Queen and I got in a groove and watched the whole thing over Friday and Saturday.

I'm going to say no one read the criticism about Iron Fistula because he seems pretty much the same character. And the combination of bad actor and bad character do not make for a winning combination.

Jessica Jones was the character I enjoyed the most. She seems to be the most realistic character. Daredevil is still whiny. Luke Cage still doesn't know what he is supposed to do. And the Iron Fistula spends a lot of time saying he is the Iron Fistula.

A lot of the plot point seem random. Things happen because they need to happen rather than arising from what has gone on before.

Sigourney is fine but her character is very one note.

I still don't buy Elektra Natchios either, an unfortunate name since I always hear Nachos.

There is one big shock but it seems out of place, too.

A lot of the episodes grind to a halt in one location so the majority of the cast can talk to each other about their motivations and why they shouldn't get along. It's especially egregious when they get to the restaurant.

The majority of the fights are done in the dark since Netflix can't afford lights and our people don't fight very well. There is one good fight scene in the bright of the day and they probably spent all their time and money on that one. You can see most of it in the trailer.

It was better than Iron Fistula but it's still not quite hitting it. Maybe they should read some of the comics to see why they are so popular and how they tell stories.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(08-18-2017, 10:23 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Do I hafta watch the rest? 

So the answer is 'no'?

Is there any particular ep worth watching?

I like Electra nachos. I'm all about nacho ninjettes.
I'm going to say episode 3 might be worth watching. It's the episode where the defenders finally all get together.

Nothing else really else really comes to mind.

That being said, The Queen loves Luke Cage. Can't stop watching him. I think she has him on her cheat list.

Ok, ep 3 was entertaining enough that I'm tempted to watch 4.

I've found that I really like Jessica, and she's the one character who I didn't watch at all previously. Patrick, KFTCs resident comic nerd said JJ was the first comic book depiction of forced sodomy and that just didn't sound very appealing. But I like her acerbic outlook on it all. I cherry picked a few eps from the 3 other shows but never completed any of them. Luke, yes, well, he is fine. Fine indeed. No shame in being cuckolded by him, even if only in fantasy. Srsly Greg it would be worse if she were into IF. Still bugs me that Murdoch doesn't act in the least bit blind. And IF is still an entitled prick, but I guess that sorta works.
Don't do it. Ep 4 is the standing around the restaurant episode.

Too late. 

If I watch anymore, which I might, it's strictly for Jessica. Maybe I should watch her stand-alone series.
Yeah, I'd watch JJ. That was pretty twisty.

The more I think about Defenders, the more I realize my thoughts can be distilled down to the following: Stop talking and do something. Great, now that you are doing something could you please turn on the goddamn lights so we can see what you are doing.

There is a funny scene coming up about Murdoch's blindness that involves Jessica. It's very small but it did make me smile.

(08-21-2017, 06:32 AM)Greg Wrote: There is a funny scene coming up about Murdoch's blindness that involves Jessica. It's very small but it did make me smile.

which ep?
I didn't think to take notes. It might be Episode 5. It happens at the architects house when they talk to the Architect's daughter.

(08-21-2017, 01:11 PM)Greg Wrote: It might be Episode 5. 

Oh sure it is. And then, there's something in ep 6 that's amusing. Then 7.
Heck you might as well finish it. You've come this far. Go back for ep 2 too.

Nope. Not falling for that. Nice try.
I approve of your plan.

You are a defender enabler.
I'll type slow so you can understand me: Don't watch any more.

Okay, I'll be honest.  I haven't read this, likely won't, and I haven't been persuaded to watch any of the series.
But if you're interested, take a gander:
THE DEFENDERS COULD PUNCH BETTER IF THEY LEARNED SOME PHYSICS

https://www.wired.com/story/the-defender...e-physics/
I'm nobody's pony.