Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Driver
Had me with the first insane single shot scene. Much better film than I was anticipating. Fun. Funny. Good characters, entertaining action, great soundtrack. Downton factor = 1. Major flashback being back at Saratoga with Greg. But now I'm hexed by Hotel California...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Not a lot of depth to this summer time confection of fast cars and looney tunes. A lot of style over substance, with not a lot of plot or character development. 

There was this weird resonance of going to see a movie with DM after all these years. It got even weirder during the previews when they had a trailer for the remake of Flatliners that I didn't even know existed.

Yes, I didn't enjoy the movie as much as DM but I'm in a crappy headspace at the moment.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Substance from a film titled Baby Driver?  I agree that there wasn't much character development but Spacey, Hamm and Foxx were all funny characters, rather typical to what they often do, but it worked for me.  Baby had some development but it was fairly predictable from scene one.  And Lily is so easy on the eyes, who needs development?  

Well, ok, granted on your head space.  Hopefully it was some moment of shelter from the storm.  

Maybe I was just happy about my new pants acquisition.  Happiness is new pants.  I'm wearing them now and they fit perfectly.  Yay pants!

Then again, I'm easily amused, obviously.  

We are all just prisoners here, of our own device
Look! Shiny.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Shiny pants? DM prefers knickers, as everyone knows.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Not shiny.  Ninja black.  Kuhls.  Been wanting a pair forever but they run about $100.  Found this pair on sale at half price at REI.  They fit perfectly.  Snug in all the right places, even with my skinny legs.  

Kinda like knickers, now that you mention it.   Icon_butt