Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan 2016
I think they just wanted to have Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman say 'Fuck' a lot. And take off people's heads with adamantium claws.

It was fine. There was a lot of whining, mostly by Logan, about not wanting to do the right thing.

There was some weird detours in the story to make deep and relevant points and then they would have a fight scene to get them back on track.

But at the end, it was just a mess. So, 3/4 of an okay film.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Best installment of the X-men franchise so far.  

I've been at odds with the cinematic X-men.  It's always had such a stellar cast but it's been too much to track, too many characters, too much backstory that I don't know or care about, mutant freaks with powers that I can't really wrap my mind around, even Deadpool didn't quite work for me.  Jackman as Wolverine never worked - I actually read a little Wolverine so I had my own preconceived notions on the character and the movies felt like a sanitization.  It lost the grittiness that I liked in the comic.  Until this.  It almost redeems the X-men franchise for me.  I liked the ultravi which felt a lot more in line with what I recall of Wolverine, and the perverse father-daughter theme (which I'm always a sucker for) plus the finality of it all.  I suspect Dafne Keen will be a rising ingenue to watch.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse