Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preacher
I'm 3 pr 4 eps deep (I think - gotta keep track here).  The show is still on point.  So funny in a graphic, blasphemous, absurd, ultravi way.  Negga just kills it as Tulip and I love Cassidy and Herr Starr. The circumcision torture to ear graft, OMG.  It's all just so wrong, deliciously so. Definitely not for everyone, but still working for my perverse sense of humor.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
S4E6 nice cliffhanger.  we'll leave it there for a while.
The finale had an epic swordfight.

That should be enough said, but I must wax on.  Preacher was a great watch, so blasphemous, so violent and perverse, so satisfying to my warped sense of humor.  It's a 4 season, 43 ep total journey, and while Jesse (the Preacher) is the titular protagonist, it's much more about Tulip, Cassidy and Starr for me.  It's also strangely poignant because it was first recommended by my dear friend, the Lizard King, and he didn't live to see it end.  I mentioned earlier how I had to stop watching it after he died, and then when I came back to it, the first ep I watched ended with a tribute to 'Steve' which hit me like a hammer.  I know that he watched it with me, laughing maniacally at the absurd irreverence of the tale and I wish I could hear his take on the finale. Maybe TLK is in a heaven or a hell just as Preacher depicted, but I know he's at peace.

The finale was strangely satisfactory, tying up all the story arcs neatly and assuring that there will be no more.  It's a great tale, all told, working on so many levels for me, but I'm a bit astonished that they got away with such a wicked depiction of Christianity.  

That being said, it's not a series I'll recommend to very many people. It's too sacrilegiously twisted. But I recommend it to DOOM.  I recommend it highly to DOOM.

I would love a Eugene tour T-shirt.