Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Fist
Brett Chan was the fight choreographer - he also did Netflix's Marco Polo, which was solid so fault must lie in Finn and the editors.

Wait...Morena? LUV her. And she isn't even a redhead.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It's been a couple of weeks, but tQ went to do her civic duty, so I had the TV to myself. And my choice was poor.

I don't get this show. It's like they aren't even trying. The first 45 minutes is talking and or stupid stuff. Despite 15 years of martial arts training of the highest level, Danny still can't control himself and is afraid of flying and needs to be consoled in the trip to China to find Madam Gau. The budget for this episode must have been huge since China looked a lot like a warehouse on the East River in New York.

There were two allusions to other members of the defenders which I thought was fun, but that was the only fun in this episode.

There were two fights; one for Colleen and one for Danny. Both of their opponents looked like real martial artists which totally showed up Colleen's and Danny's lack of skills. One was a sword fight and the other was drunken boxing match. I really wished the Drunken Master had a creditable opponent. And how is it that every time Danny gets hit really hard, he spits blood. I wonder if his chest tattoo is infected.

I spent most of the episode checking Facebook and Twitter.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(05-16-2017, 06:30 AM)Greg Wrote: There were two fights; one for Colleen and one for Danny. Both of their opponents looked like real martial artists which totally showed up Colleen's and Danny's lack of skills. One was a sword fight and the other was drunken boxing match. I really wished the Drunken Master had a creditable opponent. And how is it that every time Danny gets hit really hard, he spits blood. I wonder if his chest tattoo is infected.

I spent most of the episode checking Facebook and Twitter.

I had to go back for this. For work. On Prez day, which TC has never let us have off before but it’s now an official comp day for TCEC. I also spent this morning unclogging the bathroom sink. Took me two scoops of drano crystals, two bottles of liquid plumber, and disassembling the trap 3x. If I had just poured all that in my eyes, it would’ve been better.

But I didn’t have lunch with IF’s accountant. I had dinner with the drunken boxer. In Dublin. With my date Emily Beecham. 

Lewis Tan player the drunken boxer and Greg surmised correctly - he is a lifelong martial artist. He’s also in S3 of Into the Badlands. We hit it off well over several shots of Teelings. He calls me ‘brother’ in that Kung Fu way now. Nice guy - too feckin handsome - and he was under nda when we talked, but hinted that he’s joining the MCU. We were doing so follow up emails last week and he said to google him because he was still under nda, but there was a leak in the super bowl ad and fans seems to have guessed. Looks like he’s in deadpool 2. 

So I had to watch the fight, which was of course at the end of the Ep, which felt like 3 hours. Man, this show is so bad. Claire is the only redeeming factor. Lewis was good though so it was work the needed confirmation. 

Not doing that RZA Ep unless I have to see him, and there’s nothing in the works like that.
The Drunken Boxer dude was one of the few decent fights in that turd-burger show.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Feeling a little down. Time for some self-harm. Cutting? No, I’m on bloodthinners. Binge drinking? No, I’m a lightweight and it would be over too quickly.

I know! I’ll watch the new Iron Fist! I’m sure they got it right *this* time!

Next time: Cutting. Definitely cutting.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I made it through one episode. No desire to see more.

Daredevil is a week from today and Fisk is back!

(10-12-2018, 09:25 AM)Greg Wrote: I made it through one episode. No desire to see more.

Daredevil is a week from today and Fisk is back!

You're a better Netflixer than me.  I made it through the first fight scene and then bailed.  

I'm waiting for The Night Becomes Us on Netflix next.
Both Daredevil and The Night Becomes Us come out the same day!

(10-12-2018, 10:09 AM)Greg Wrote: Both Daredevil and The Night Becomes Us come out the same day!

Haaaaaa.  

Well, you KNOW which one I'm gonna watch.   Cool
Paddington 2?

Quote:Netflix Knocks Out ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’, No Season 3 For Martial Arts Series
[img=290x0]https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/iron-fist-marvel-logo-netflix-logo-3-shot.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1[/img]

Netflix; Marvel

by Dominic Patten

October 12, 2018 6:04pm

[/url]

EXCLUSIVE: Just over a month after its[url=https://deadline.com/video/iron-fist-review-season-2-marvel-netflix-finn-jones-jessica-henwick-alice-eve-video/] significantly improved second season launched on Netflix, the streaming service has delivered a knockout cancellation punch to Marvel’s Iron Fist

RELATED
'The Conners' Review: 'Roseanne' Spinoff Lacks A... 

“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix,” said the Disney-owned comic giant and the streamer in a joint statement to Deadline today. “Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners,” Marvel and Netflix added. “We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortalIron Fist will live on.”

This is the first small screen series termination from the comic giant by the Reed Hastings run Netflix and a hard blow for the Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick led show about the mystically empowered NYC-based marital arts hero andDefenders member. Cast members on the series that as most recently run by Raven Metzner were informed of the cancellation in the last few hours, I hear.
Of course, while out for the count at Netflix, the tale of billionaire Danny Rand and Colleen Wing may “live on,” to quote Friday’s statement, on other platforms. That “other” being the streaming service that Disney is expected to launch next year, which already has series on Marvel fan favorites Loki and the Scarlet Witch in the pipeline, with Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen expect to reprise their big screen roles. I hear that while Marvel wanted Iron Fist to continue on Netflix, the parent company’s new rival to the streamer has put the idea of a resurrection in consideration as it fosters the likes of the already announced Jon Favreau produced Star Wars series too.
[img=375x0]https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/defenders-marvel-netflix.jpg?w=375&h=188[/img]
At present, a migration of the other three Marvel series that evolved out of the lucrative 2013 deal between Disney and Netflix is not in the cards. A third season of the Krysten Ritter led Jessica Jones was order in April and a third season of fellow Defender Luke Cage is expected to get the formal go-ahead any day now. The first Marvel series to appear on the streamer back in 2015, Daredevil‘s third season is about to launch on Netflix on October 19.
RELATED‘Daredevil’ First Look Trailer: Iconic Supervillain Bullseye Arrives On Netflix Series – New York Comic Con
The expectation is the apparently widely watched and critically acclaimed tale of the Man Without Fear will be back for a fourth Charlie Cox led season. Daredevil spinoff The Punisher was given a second Jon Bernthal front

This nightmare is over.

Now if only some of the other nightmares would be canceled...
How did this thread grow to three pages?  Was it like having to taste old milk in the fridge to fully appreciate it's rancidness?
I'm nobody's pony.
CF, 3 pages because it is sooooo bad. My recommendation: Watch the first ep and the final ep of season II. That’s what I did. Season III set-up made it look almost...interesting.
An entire nation mourns it's passing.

Wait. Not really.

Bring on Daredevil.

(10-12-2018, 11:30 AM)Greg Wrote: Paddington 2?

Wait...what?  Oooooooh. Tough call.

(10-12-2018, 09:05 PM)cranefly Wrote: How did this thread grow to three pages?  Was it like having to taste old milk in the fridge to fully appreciate it's rancidness?

DOOM luvs the craptastic.  Luvs it long time.  It's where we all really thrive.  Mystery Science Theater is really just a bad rip-off of a DOOM gathering.