Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jane Whitfield Series by Thomas Perry
I like them. 

I've read two of the books so far and have the rest on order at the library. Jane Whitfield is a woman who makes other people disappear, people who need to escape from bad hombres. She's a Seneca women with a particular set of skills.

The first one I read was 'Vanishing Act' which has a very lovely twist in the middle. The second is more straightforward and is called 'Dance for the Dead'. In it Jane must save a bank embezzler from crooks who want to know where she hid the money she embezzled. It's really well done.

There is a lot of talk about the Seneca Indians as they make up a good part of her character. Lots of good action. Lots of smart people doing smart things. But eventually, Jane is the smartest and the toughest.

The only odd thing is that the books start in 1997. So, there is mention of pay phones and going to the library to do research, etc. It's amazing how the world has changed.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(03-05-2017, 12:12 PM)Greg Wrote: So, there is mention of ... going to the library to do research...

For what?  Facts?  That is just so last century.
I'm nobody's pony.