Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Into the Badlands
Transcribed! 9 interviews averaging 20 mins each from November w/out no feckin speedscriber.  I doubt it could've discerned the Irish lilt anyway.

I think I mentioned in my Ireland report that my trusty cassette recorder actually froze in Dublin.  It worked fine for Daniel Wu, and that was on the feckin freezing set, but when we got indoors in the ITB complex, it froze so I lost the first few minutes of Nick Frost, much to my dismay, as I hustled to switch to my iphone recorder.  I hate using that because it's hard to rewind and replay with the exactness as cassette tape so I wind up relistening to stuff over and over again.  The last was the toughest because it was the two weapons makers, both of whom 'ave a t'ick Irish lilt, plus they tended to talk over each other, and there was much clattering of swords as they picked up and put down various pieces they were describing.  

I'm guessing I have enough for the print article and maybe 3-4 web articles.  Next is sifting through time.  

Thought I'd share this in sympathy with Greg's transcribing hell.  I feel ya, brother.  Transcribing sucks.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've been waiting for season 2 to come to Netflix streaming.  Sounds like it should hit in March.  Just thought I'd toss that out.
Quote:Stolen from a What's on Netflix site:

If it’s the case that the show gets a new season every year on AMC, then you can expect a new season every March meaning season 2 would release in March 2018. If the show moves to a different month or we have to wait for two years, the likelihood is that Netflix will pick up season 2 shortly before season 3 would release. That’s hard to pin down a release date but as soon as we know more, we’ll let you know here.
I'm nobody's pony.
AMC is making Season 2 available for free through their website for the next 3 weeks

http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-badlan...s-mountain
I've seen this sort of dangled carrot before from AMC; but whenever I go to bite it, Lucy always kicks me in the head.
Setting my speech balloons to strobing for weeks.

But I'll give it a try tonight on the telly.  Because, I mean, it's not like AMC would lie this time.  Certainly.

Looking forward to the attempt.  And thanks for the heads up (or whatever preposition comes to pass).
I'm nobody's pony.
Lucy is alive and well, I see, or don't see.

I click on the Play button, but then it wants me to log into my provider -- giving a whole shebang of possible providers.
But I don't have any of them.

But still, a provider is not necessary, as stated above the list of providers:
Quote:Sign in to watch Live TV & Full Episodes. Don't see your provider? You can watch video extras and free full episodes even if you don't have a supported cable provider.

Hot dig!  I don't need a provider!

But there is no way, on that page, to start the Play without first choosing a provider.

Yep, ran into this problem last time around.

My obscene speech balloons are strobing.
I'm nobody's pony.
Did you download the amc app?
AMC does have a Windows app, but when I click on it, it says "Does not work on your device."

My laptop is running Windows 10.

Also, all the comments by users call it incredibly buggy, and that it keeps hanging.

Here's the page; I click on the "Windows App" on the right.
http://www.amc.com/mobile

Am I in the wrong place?

Or just too much of a Luddite with my flip phone which always has to be plugged in these days because the battery is dead and they don't make the batteries anymore.

Maybe I should just go to Ireland and watch it live on set.
I'm nobody's pony.
Heck if I know.  I haven't tried it yet.  I probably will this weekend and I'll let you know...
If you get Sling (to see DM’s show later on) you can got to AMC’s channel and watch it there. I think it also just turned up on either Amazon Prime or Netflix
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
AMC just announced Season 2 is live on Netflix.

And they just sent me Season 3 ep 1 but I'm still under NDA.
Lucy is out in the yard calling to me again.

I'll eat supper in a bit, and maybe afterwards I'll wander out there and see what she wants.
I'm nobody's pony.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5383350]
Watched the first two episodes of Season 2.
Nice.

Carol, a friend of mine, has tried to watch this show but says it's too violent.  Now I remember why.  I had forgotten how wonderfully violent it is.  And the world-building is solid.  The sets are big, elaborate.  This has a better look to it than most movies of similar vein.

As for Nick Frost, I'd always known he was a big guy.  But my goodness, he is huge!  Does he just look that way because almost everyone else in the series is super-fit?  I don't know, but he really stands out -- in a good way.  He adds some much needed levity.  So far Daniel Wu is stolid as ever, but from what I've read (DM's past articles?), he'll start mixing it up more emotionally. 

The fight choreography is outstanding, often inspired.  It's outdoing what is seen in so many martial arts movies -- and not just those out of Hollywood.

Kudos.
I'm nobody's pony.
(03-21-2018, 01:51 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: And they just sent me Season 3 ep 1 but I'm still under NDA.

I had this idea that I'd binge S2 and then watch S3E1.  But I couldn't wait.  I got to S2E3, the episode with Moon and figured I remembered the rest well enough.  

They actually gave me S3E1&2.  S3 opens big - Civil War, gratuitous Widow, and catching up with the characters, reshaping their alliances.  A nice sanguineous start, just what you'd expect if your this deep in the show.  S3E2 starts to outline this season's story arc with some of the new characters.  I'm enjoying seeing many of the sets I was on, and of course, the ample swordfights.  

Frost does come off as larger on screen than he is in life.  He's a big man, no doubt, but not so glaringly big as he appears in the show. He does have a very disarming self-deprecating presence, someone you'd love to have a drink with, a quick wit that's razor sharp and painfully honest.  He's becoming the punchline in all the interviews I'm putting together for the show.