Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill and Ted Face The Music (2020)
I paid for the Home Premiere because goddammit I want to see a sparkly fresh movie. I could go with Mulan but 30 bucks seems excessive at this point. But twenty bucks is in my wheel house.

It was fun. I'm glad I saw it. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. 

If you haven't seen the million trailers, it's 25 years later and Bill and Ted still haven't written the song to save the world. Only know, they need to save all of reality. There are many funny bits as reality collapses around the duo as they go through time trying to find the point when they wrote the song so they can bring the song back. Along the way they meet versions of themselves which are very funny.

There are some great cameos. It's fun. It's lighthearted. No sword fights.

This film does neatly sidestep the problem I always felt the first one had. The first movie was about a world changing song, but it never had a world changing song in it. You just had that crappy KISS thing playing while you supposedly heard about the world changing song. They alter just a tad what Bill and Ted have to do and it makes more sense or less of a letdown.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Good of you to support that. Sadly, my best ninja site was raided and is on the run, so I'm searching for an alternative (only halfheartedly, I confess). 

I'm torn about Mulan. I'm hoping a friend nearby has Disney+. I'd even drop the coin on that for them. I pondered making the trek to Greg's for it (I know Stacy would love to get me out of her hair for a while) but we'll see.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Still have to pay $30 if you have Disney+

Yes I know. And I'd pay that for someone who had Disney+ already.
Ah.

And my ninjas are back.

This definitely had its moments. Bill & Ted interacting with their further selves was pretty funny. That was the best part for me. The daughters didn’t quite work for me, especially Weaving (Didn’t Neo kill her dad?) Death was still hilarious and I liked the bot a lot. It stayed consistent with the previous two films. Strangely, I felt that Alex fell back into the character perfectly while Keanu was a bit more forced. Most excellent!
Pirate.

Upon reflection, their song with the chanting and theremin should’ve been the one. It didn’t quite understand the way it ended. It was all about the future Bill & Ted, Death & that killer bot.
I was trying not bring them up because they are what made the film work. And the killer Bot. And that rockstar.