Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Master
You know what I like? Sword fights.  So yeah, I liked this film even though it's cheesey and I don't really know what happened.

Sword Master is based on a classic wuxia novel - The 3rd Masters Sword.  I've never read it.  I'm not sure it's ever been translated.  Wuxia is pulp fiction for China, so this is like a comic book movie.  Lots of flying about and feats of superpower swordsmanship.  There was a drunk swordsman with facial tattoos (or scars) who slept in a coffin, his toady lacky who collected the swords of his fallen, a central brothel location, a beautific village, giving poor villagers, a prostitute with a heart of gold, a reluctant champion, male sword clans, female sword clans, heavy-metal skull mask sword clans, cheesy CGI landscapes, gaudy sets and period costumes, a sword seduction fight, digital blood, lots and lots of sword fights.  Some hysterical swordplay - stabbing 3 attackers like a shish-kabob, decapitation, being surrounded and spin cutting so fast as to break all their swords, practice on trees where logs are sliced into many pieces in air - yeah, gotta work on those Kung Fu techniques.  There was also a lot of talking and a lot of characters and no subs so I don't really know what happened, but I did enjoy the flying swordplay and the general feel of how the wulin was portrayed.  I'll have to see it with subs someday.

Trailer here: http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...7#pid24327
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Gotta merge this someday - http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4094

So I watched this with subs and enjoyed it even more. I gotta rewatch Death Duel soon.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It was good clean Wuxia fun.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.