Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peak Celebrity Deaths
I think we're here.

I've said before that there is a threshold where celebrity, due to mass communication, will result in mass mourning.

The concept of Celebrity Death Pools and the march of time results in the inevitable daily dose of sad news.

My dead heroes were John Belushi, David Bowie, Prince and Gene Wilder.

My living heroes are Roger Waters, Alan Parsons, Brian Eno, Stephen King and Mel Brooks (several others, but you get the idea).

Our heroes are aging. 2016 showed us that our heroes are not immortal. 2017 will not be any kinder.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I had a few friends die too this year. 

Last night I was at my mom's and she got news of one of her tai chi friends dying. My mom said she was in good health - she went to church for Xmas and collapsed when she was leaving. She didn't make it to the hospital.

The real question here is this: who will be the first DOOM bro to go?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm not volunteering.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Quote:DM says: The real question here is this: who will be the first DOOM bro to go?

Well, I was going to shout, "Not me!  Because I do Tai Chi!"  But DM shut me up mighty fast with that bit about his mom's friend.

I think we need to ask Yeti the question.

Let me explain why.  While watching Sword of Doom the other day, I started getting these strange vibes -- that the merciless swordsman Ryunosuke and Yeti are one and the same.  No, there's very little physical resemblance.  But there's something about the eyes -- a soft moist sensitivity -- and the overall disposition -- a quiet brooding watchfulness -- that triggered in me that feeling.  And then there's this point later in the movie where Ryunosuke is supposed to fight this other great swordsman -- and there's been a huge buildup to this event -- but Ryunosuke simply doesn't show.  I mean, he just doesn't show up.  WTF!  So Yeti!  So effin' Yeti!  And then towards the end of the movie I started hyperventilating.  That's when Ryunosuke starts losing it.  That's when he goes into a crazed fugue and starts chopping up anyone and everyone around him.

That's when I saw our future.

A knock at the door.  We call out, Who is it?  "Foil man!  Special delivery!"

Who knows the exact order of our demise.  But just this side of simultaneous we'll all be singing the dirge.  We'll all be dancing the evisceration tango in our own pool of blood.
I'm nobody's pony.
Yer all gonna die.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
-- a soft moist sensitivity -- 

Heart 065
Shadow boxing the apocalypse