Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swiss Army Man
HPQ-1

Daniel Radcliffe plays a dead coming to the rescue of a suicidal man trapped on a desert island. Inches away from hanging himself, the suicidal man spots the dead body on the beach. Thus starts the long road to recovery.

This is the oddest film I have seen in a long time. It's almost Bunuelesque in it's strangest. The Dead Body slowly comes to life and helps the suicide man come back to civilization both in body and in spirit. So many strange things happen in this film. You really have to want to go on this journey. And there is a lot of the story based on bodily functions. Kudos for Radcliffe for taking this on.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Are you recommending this or not?

Because I'm on the fence about watching it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It's well made. It's challenging. It attacks what a traditional narrative should be in a film. There's a lot in there about alienation from society. I think Daniel Radcliffe did a good job.

Um, I can't say I liked it. I didn't dislike it. It's a weird little film. Weird.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

We do like good weird films if they stick with you. Take Short Cuts. I disliked that film when I saw it but it sure stuck with me, so I gotta give it props.  Maybe I should ask you in a month whether it still haunts you.

Then there are those bad weird films where you wake up in the middle of the night screaming "gawdammit ED! Why the feck did you show me that!?!?'
Shadow boxing the apocalypse