Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viy-2
I'm rolling the dice. 

So, DM, what is the word on this film?

Quote:Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan and Rutger Hauer have signed on to star in a Russian-Chinese fantasy movie titled Viy-2.

Based on a horror novella penned by 19th century writer Nikolai Gogol, Viy was apparently a huge box office hit back in Mother Russia and, based on the movie trailer, I can totally see why. There’s a lot of cool horror/fantasy elements in the trailer that reminds me of Tim Burton and Guillermo del Toro movies. In case you've never heard of it, Viy premiered under the title Forbidden Empire in North America last year, but sadly only as a home release.

Viy starred Jason Flemyng (X-Men: First Class) as English explorer and cartographer Jonathan Green and a slew of Russian actors. It also starred Game of Thrones' Charles Dance. While the first film followed Flemyng's character on his journey to “map the uncharted lands of Transylvania, only to discover the dark secrets and dangerous creatures hidden in a cursed, fantastical Ukrainian forest,” the second film will send him to … where else? China! Here’s the official synopsis:
The movie centers on English explorer Jonathan Green (Flemyng), who receives an order from Peter the Great to map the Russian Far East. Once again he sets out for a long journey full of incredible adventures that will eventually lead him to China. The cartographer will face many breathtaking discoveries, encounter bizarre creatures, meet with Chinese princesses, and confront deadly martial-arts masters and the Dragon King.

This won’t be the first time the former Governator and Chan have starred in the same movie. Both actors appeared in 2004’s Around the World in 80 Days and were supposed to team up again in Expendables 2 and until Chan dropped out.

Viy-2 will be released sometime next year. Hopefully, we’ll get to see it here at some point as well. Check out the trailer for the first movie below.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

You got me on this one.  First I've heard of it.  

Totally poaching this for the KFM forum.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Wow.  Strange one.  Hadn't heard anything about it either.

I thought Rutger's next one was Abbott with a Shotgun.
I'm nobody's pony.

How did this get by us?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse