Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
Okay, my father recommended this book to me. As is my want, I gave it the eye-roll. I have long standing tradition of ignoring his suggestions. It's possible it is just a knee jerk reaction. I still remember the time he wanted me to improve my knowledge and his first lesson was for to look up the word torque. I think I was 16. Still haven't done it.

So, he was going on and on about this book. He said it was the best book he read in 2015 and why hadn't I read it yet. Yes, sure. His last big obsession was Dominique LaPierre's 'Is Paris Burning?'

Unfortunately, on the subject of "I am Pilgrim" he was right. It's a great book. I couldn't read it fast enough. 

The story is about a high level spy trying to save the United States from a terrorist attack. Pretty standard fare but it's so much better. There are so many mysteries going and they keep unraveling. Things hinted at in the beginning pay off at the end. The characters are pretty standard but the plotting and story telling are fabulous.

In case you don't recognize the author, Terry Hayes is George Miller's screenwriter. He wrote The Road Warrior, for instance. This is his first novel. And it is genre writing at it's finest.

Still not going to check out Paris is Burning. Maybe.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm