Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Strange
I'm killing time on my iPhone waiting for the screener to begin. There's no poster to review. Maybe I'll give a thumbs up or down when I get home tonight. I'm pretty spent after Halloween. Stayed at home and gave out candy while my kid ran amuck with her friends. Binged Twilight Zone. Man, I luv that show. Still got chills. Rod may be the strongest influence on my writing style of all my writing idols. 

Still got a few hours before the screener. Mercado is lame for time-killing.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Thumbs Up 
Iron Man + Harry Potter via Doors of Perception.

One of the most entertaining Marvels so far and you know my general disdain for comic superheroes. 

A must-see in 3D. Totally worth the extra $$ there. Trippy and you know my luv of trippy.

Force swords. Force fans. Force whips. Best anti-grav melees since Inception. The wand chooses the wizard;Tha relic chooses the sorcerer.  

Cumberbach owns Dr. Strange like he owns Sherlock. He's the new smarmy quipper ala Stark & Deadpool. Tilda brought a fresh take on Yoda/master Shifu. Wong stole every scene he was in, making up for the whitewashing of the ancient one. I look forward to the next installment.
I am glad. I wanted this to be good.  I'm even tempted to catch it in IMAX 3D.

Of course, I did see the version with Jimmy Kimmel. I hope that doesn't  ruin it for me.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Treat yourself and splurge on 3D IMAX.  

After sleeping on it, I'm leaning towards saying this is my favorite Marvel film so far.
Saw it. Liked it. Want to see it again. Saw it in 3d and IMAX. Sat really close. As a bonus we got to see the Rogue One and Guardians of the Galaxy trailers.

sweet. So tempting to go back for that but have not the time or money.
Although, it does look like the female leads in the Marvel Movies are interchangeable. They all seem to be of one type. And they all are spunky.

Or whitewashed...  Dodgy
Saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse in the Mission last night, in 3D. Alamo serves food and drinks to your seat. Had a great salad, sausage pizza, and baked macaroni. I also brought in a Hot Toddy from the bar which prevented me from coughing throughout the film. We were all the way on the right side, in the 6th row, but they were still decent seats. I enjoyed it. Cumberbatch is entertaining, but, like other Marvel films, it feels a little shallow. A friend pointed out to me that there were no guns in this movie. I liked the Stan Lee cameo. I expected the end credits to have a "funny bit" but got 2 teasers instead.

Rogue One preview looks good!

--tg
(11-06-2016, 11:31 AM)thatguy Wrote: like other Marvel films, it feels a little shallow. 

What were you expecting? Something oscar worthy?
No oscar-worthy performances. I just want to have some empathy for the characters so I give a shit about what happens to them in the story rather than just feel like "stuff happened...the end". Visually interesting, but I think "pablum" is the word I'm looking for here...

--tg
I had total empathy for Christine and Wong...

Cuz I'm interchangible, spunky and worked in a library.

Big Grin
Made it to a theatre (once a year, whether I need it or not). First time I've thought the 3-d really added to a film. I was entertained. More bread! More circuses!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I wanted to like this more, but it didn't really do it for me. It's sort of like Lost Horizon redone as a super-hero story. The twisting landscape thing got old quick. Maybe I'm losing my taste for this sort of thing.
the hands that guide me are invisible