Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridge Benefit @ Shoreline 10/22/16
Neil Young! Metallica! Roger Waters! My Morning Jacket!

I'm leaving a placeholder here to see if anyone else is going.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Unfortunately other obligations arose.  Undecided
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
So, this was a crazy show.

I had tried to buy tix online but it apparently sold out in the 5 seconds it took me to connect. Fortunately, a friend of mine knows someone at LiveNation. He hooked us all up with some sweet, 2nd row, 2nd tier tickets and VIP parking.

When the three of us arrived I wandered over to the Rock Med station to see if DM or CF were in the house (they weren't). Our benefactor; let's call him 'LNG' (LiveNation Guy), asked for Tums. He was looking gray around the gills when we took our seats. He excused himself to go to the bathroom and disappeared for over an hour.

He missed excellent sets by Nils Lofgren and 'Cage the Elephant' (who were awful as openers at the Metallica pre-Superbowl show). He reappeared during 'My Morning Jacket' (who I like quite a bit) saying he had checked into Rock Med complaining of a pain 'like being kicked in the nuts'. He was semi-diagnosed with kidney stones and dosed with an IV for hydration and painkillers. He said he wasn't the driver so they gave him stronger painkillers that "started with the letter 'K'"

Anyway, this guy is a fierce Metallica fan and will not leave until the show is over.

Willie Nelson was fantastic, Dave Matthews was OK I guess (I am now a confirmed member of the "I don't like Dave Matthews" club).

Roger Waters was great but only did 3 Floyd songs ("Wish You Were Here", "Mother", "Vera Lynn" a John Prine cover and a Neil Young cover with Neil Young)

Metallica was great doing acoustic/electric versions of "Seek and Destroy", "Enter Sandman" and others.

Neil was Neil culminating in "Rockin' in the Free World"

All in all a fun show and I hope my new friend is still alive.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Klonopin? 

I told u I wasn't going to b there. My supe at the Mo asked me to do Anderson .paak and she's doing me a massive favor getting me passed for Tara & a friend next month so I couldn't refuse.

Glad you had fun. Saw some of the feeds. Looked like a great show.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse