Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighborhood Gang War
When I got back from Budapest, my mother exclaimed 'At least you are where it's safe'

Well, yesterday, a homeless man was hung off the Ave 43 bridge and then shot. All summer long a turf war has been waged in my neighborhood and that was the only the latest incident. Our local gang is at war with the Mexican Mafia and the 18th street gang.

The interesting thing about yesterday's incident was that it didn't make any of the newscasts because there was a media blackout about the murder. We found out about it through Nextdoor, which is our neighborhood Facebook application. It was odd when I tried to source the story on the inter webs I couldn't find any mention of it, so I thought it was a mistake or misinformation. When the Queen went to an ASNC meeting last night, though the story was confirmed by our local liaison officer. He was dismayed the story was already out there on Nextdoor.

So, yeah, back to the safety of my neighborhood.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I'm on a neighborhood BBS and it's a lot of BS.  I get almost daily missives emailed to me, most of which I delete.  But if tQ got confirmation, well, there you have it.  

Remember, hitting the floor when bullets fly is not the best strategy because bullets travel downward.  Better to get behind something.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Nextdoor is quite good. I would recommend seeing if you have it in your neighborhood. It helped us rally the troops to get rid of the Big Red Box. It's a great place to find out who has lost their dog. People put up recommendations for Handymen, etc.

Woohoo. Another 'Suicide' in Deb's Park, right near where the 2 girls were found dead last year.