Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Carol Alvarado
And the hits keep coming for Al and Lori Alvarado.

Al's  sister passed away last week from complications of dementia. She was 59.  Carol had Down's Syndrome, but from what I heard at the funeral today, it was just something that happened to her, it didn't define her. She lived in a group home in Oxnard, California. She had multiple jobs and spent a lot of time over the years constantly planning her own wedding. There was a lot of love for her at the grave side.

About 2 years ago, she started showing signs of dementia. Towards the end, she didn't know anybody around her. She also couldn't help with her own care. By the time the doctors found out, she had pneumonia it was too late. Her organs had already begun to fail. As Uncle Al, put it "Most people aren't better off dead. They are better surrounded by family. But at the end she didn't know her family, so maybe where she is now, she can remember them."
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Poor Al & Lori. How are they holding up?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Except for a few moments during the graveside ceremony, they seemed to be okay. But I believe Carol was a long time coming, so it wasn't a big shock like Nick's death was to them. It probably helped that they got to see a lot of friends and family who came from all over to be there.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I'm sorry for their loss. I hope they get a break for a decade or two.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.