Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't stop the train @ mo 8/17/16
I wasn't going to go. It was the day after losing Jingles and I wasn't feeling like going out. But Stacy said I should, and my RM friends concurred - my invisible Cruz partner in crime agreed to drive even though he drove last time and got a ticket. I couldn't refuse.

This was a tribute to Jerry by Jake Peavy and the Outsiders - that's Peavy from the Giants in lead. He plays just like a pro baseball player would - full of machismo but not bad. Plus he had like a 15+ piece band, including Jackie Greene on drums before guitar, graham lesh on vocals, and Phil himself. But Phil didn't come on until 11:35 and only played 3 songs. Still, the band sounded good. It was a joy to here Jerry music - a tighter sound than the dead - and with so many musicians - 3x Jerrys original band, they could almost get there. 3 drummers, 4 guitarists, keys, 2 horns & 3 back up singers. Maybe more at times. Heck use a full orchestra if need be but get there.

The house sound person brought her chihuahua, which bummed me out at first, but later was really therapeutic. It was great to see old friends. Most of the tunes were peppy. But during the Brokedown Palace encore, I brokedown. 

I got home at 3 and returned to work after the worst vacation ever a few hours later. That was a horrible day.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Phil sat in on U.S. Blues, which always symbolizes the end of summer for me when I hear it live. Summertime come & gone my oh my.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse