• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stray Photos
[Image: cheese_please.jpg]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Very cheesy
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thank goodness! DM is having another fairy sale!

[Image: File11954.jpg]

DM always did love that stuff.

Not sure if this is a good place for this, but I want to give away some of my old paintings that are taking up wall space, and you can see them here
If any of you want one, let me know.
the hands that guide me are invisible
So conflicted.

[Image: 39930056_2166406700314678_31624788663756...e=5BEFEEE4]

I was looking for confirmation that we were living in a virtual universe.

Trump being elected, and the lampoonic (word I made up - Meaning: pertaining to parody. Referring to lengthy joke. ORIGIN: National Lampoon, i.e. Too lazy to look up "Lampoon")

White House staff he has appointed, his family behavior, the legelizing of pot on a state-by-state basis (like an experiment - or 'saved game').

This picture of a BMW + Bob Marley and the Wailers has jumped the shark.

We are all NPC's in "Retro 2020 Trumpworld Revoltuion" or something.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
There's actually a story behind that.  When Bob became successful, he got a BMW because the initials matched.  But the Rasta elders didn't approve so he got rid of it.  Bob seh "Bee Emm Double-ya, too much trouble ya".  Nevertheless the reggae-colored BMW logo persists in the reggae world.  I still see them every once in a while on shirts like this.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5132150]
Finally. I figured I should have a world class view of the goddamn comet, Neowise. But for weeks, I couldn't find it in the early morning sky. Then I couldn't find it in the night sky. It's not as bright I was led to believe. I figured it would be readily identifiable.

But, anyway. The comet.

[Image: neowise-2.jpg]

N-i-i-i-c-e.

Last night we went for another long walk, this time up Permanante Creek Trail to the hills overlooking the backsides of Shoreline Amphitheatre and the new spiffy in-progress Googleplexes.  We had a clear view to the northwest (towards Dumbarton), and for company maybe eight other people with the same idea, but there was a fair amount of light pollution, and worse still an ineffable haze.  When did you succeed?  If last night, you must have had different weather there.

We remembered the binoculars, but forgot the flashlights, so it was a tricky walk home.

Congrats.  Looks like LCF and I will have to wait 6000 years.
I'm nobody's pony.
Come to the Lair. This was taken off the porch. Plus, I believe you have until July 22 for good views.

I was told we could see it a half hour after sundown but it was still blue until 9:30. I still couldn't see it for the longest time but eventually spotted it around 10:10.

(07-16-2020, 08:04 AM)Greg Wrote: I was told we could see it a half hour after sundown but it was still blue until 9:30. I still couldn't see it for the longest time but eventually spotted it around 10:10.
Wow.  You've just given us far more useful information than the news or astronomy sites have.  "Just after sunset" is all we've been reading.  But as you point out, and we likewise experienced, it's bloody blue, then gray, for a long time after.  10:10 is very useful info.

Thanks for the invite.  But right now we don't have a car.  It may be a couple days.  Which reminds me.  I better start making room in the garage.  Or trying to.  What a bother.
I'm nobody's pony.
The other key is look towards the big dipper. At the moment, it is below it. But as it moves higher in the sky, it should be to the right of it.

Can't see no feckin comet. The Cruz is fogged in... again.