Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Reggae Festival NOT! 07/09/16
So at the S.F. Flower and Garden show in March we saw a display of a large-scale (about 1/18) model train running through tunnels and weathered bridges in an elaborate garden setup. It turns out this is a thing ( http://gardentrains.org/ ). They were promoting a show in July so we penciled it in as something cool to check out. Model trains running through living jungles? What's not to like?

I found and printed out some 2-for-1 coupons and we headed out.

Now, I knew the event was in the South Bay and involved gardens. Somehow, my age-and-alcohol riddled brain had convinced itself the event was at the San Jose Fairgrounds (obviously there are no outdoor garden spots at the Santa Clara Convention Center).

So we fought through traffic, red lights and morons to get there. We paid $12.00 for parking and started walking towards the entrance.

Dee Dee noticed a big 'Island Reggae Festival' Banner which is when we checked our tickets and discovered the truth. The "I.R.F." signs did not mean "International Railroad Festival".

We got our parking refunded and a security guard blocked the parking entrance so we could get out.

Long story short, we made our way back to the Santa Clara Convention Centter, saw some neat train layouts and wished we were rich enough to have one.

Funny side-note. We had stopped at the post office to mail stuff. I sent something to DM when I could have probably handed it to someone at the gate for delivery. BTW DM - I sent you a package.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
One of my friends had an extra ticket for the IRF. I've never been because it's been pretty minor acts - this year they had Taurus Riley, who I just saw at Cali Roots, so it didn't inspire me to drive over the hill. We stayed at home for Bollywood night - a new bungalow tradition until T heads to India. Indian film & food. Tonight was part 3 of the a Apu trilogy, which I'll review here soon....
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Thx for the parcel. That's good schwag in my world.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse