Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juno, Alaska
Lady Cranefly's younger brother has invited us up to Alaska in early August to see the bears.

He says we'll be able to get really close to them because they'll be too busy feasting on salmon to eat us.

Could be fun.

P.S. I don't suppose Legbone lives close to there.
I'm nobody's pony.
He's near Anchorage.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Okay, so I got a few details wrong.  We're going in early September, not August.

And the town is Juneau, not Juno.  Juno is the spacecraft that will rendezvous with Jupiter on July 4.

I suppose next I'll find out it's not bears we'll be seeing but yetis.
I'm nobody's pony.
No, it's bears.
No, it's a movie starring Ellen Page.

You guys should really reach out to Dan.  I think they are outside of Anchorage.  I told him to check in on this site, but I think his brain froze.
(07-20-2016, 02:24 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: No, it's a movie starring Ellen Page.

You guys should really reach out to Dan.  I think they are outside of Anchorage.  I told him to check in on this site, but I think his brain froze.

Joonoh. I a bit of a hall, only accessable by boat/plane.  Salmon are running in record numbers and the Bears will be big and fat.  

I live in Wasilla about 45 miles from Anchorage.  The Palins are neighbors.  Still waiting to get my selfie.  But if you guys are up please let me know.  Lunch in Anchorage?
Oh. And yeah.  Kevin is my older brother.
Kevin Page? Kevin Palin?

Oh, u mean Kevin Cranefly-bro-in-law. Hear that Cranefly? Get the sibling order straight.
Why are you going to see bears when you could drive for a few minutes, see a yeti, and have whisky?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
WTF?

LC, what were we thinking?

Hmmm.  Maybe we could drop by as an epee-log to our trip.
I'm nobody's pony.
I hear SF yetis; like SF bears, are boneless.

Tongue
You had to go there.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Plus you've confused Cranefly.  

Who's going to explain?  Not gonna be me.
When LC and I lived at the Arches in Sunnyvale, there was a small, skinny lady living a few apartments away.  Her hubby was big, hairy and thickset.

The license plate on their car was 265LB.

I'm just more familiar with straight bears and the women who are drawn to them; that's what led to my confusion.
I'm nobody's pony.
There's actually more to the boneless bear than you might think, LC.  You could never explain it.  It's a DOOM thing.  Actually, it's a DOOM-Yeti/Greg/DM thing (aka a Castle Highland thing).