Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWY17
If I'm posting from hwy17, I must be stuck. 

Been in los gatos for an hour. Car fire @ redwood estates. 

Angry
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(06-27-2016, 05:42 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: If I'm posting from hwy17, I must be stuck. 

Been in los gatos for an hour. Car fire @ redwood estates. 

Angry

Worse than that:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Bru...02771.html

I haven't left yet, but looking at the traffic websites, I might as well sleep in the office tonight...

At least I'm on the cycle. If the traffic dies down, I may make a run for it.

--tg
I tried to warn DM. I sent an email and everything.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Got the brush fire alert after an hour plus in Los Gatos. They detoured us to old Santa Cruz hwy, then I cut back at summit. It all smelled like campfires. Just 2+ hours. Not the worse one so far. I had a 3+ hour one due to a downed power line once.

I figure this thread will be about us, tg. I've thought about starting it many times while sitting in the commute.

Hope you make it back soon, tg.
(06-27-2016, 07:18 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Got the brush fire alert after an hour plus in Los Gatos. They detoured us to old Santa Cruz hwy, then I cut back at summit. It all smelled like campfires. Just 2+ hours. Not the worse one so far. I had a 3+ hour one due to a downed power line once.

I figure this thread will be about us, tg. I've thought about starting it many times while sitting in the commute.

Hope you make it back soon, tg.

I stayed at work late and kept checking the traffic conditions, but decided to punt at 8:45p and went to my mom's. I hope I can get a good night's sleep here. Thankful that I have a change of clothes in my gym bag at work. 

Glad you made it home ok...

--tg
Looks like it's still a snarl. NB is ok, which is good because I have a phoner interview first thing tomorrow. And I don't come home until late because I have Kung fu.

The funny thing was I was pondering launching this thread this morning because of the roadkill. There was a deer, a coyote and a raccoon, quite a bit for one day, and that always worries me, not so much as a bad omen, but because I wonder about how animals are more sensitive to upcoming earthquakes, and there's that old wives tale about an increase of roadkill before quakes.
The last big quake occurred during a ballgame between the Giants and the Athletics, if I'm not mistaken.
When I heard they were playing a series now, I found myself wondering.
But this is all silly and unscientific.
Right?
I'm nobody's pony.
Traffic again? Srsly?
They closed Mt Madonna road, which is where Tara's private school is. Fire not contained at this posting. Tara is off the mountain - school was not evacuated but her XC practice was cancelled. We're on stand by for tomorrow.
They have not evacuated the Mt Mad center (MMC). The fire is 8 miles away and the wind is blowing in the opposite direction. Fire is 24% contained. School is cancelled tomorrow.

DOOM Bay Area prolly all saw the smoke. I was all set to watch the debates but now I can't even look.

I've been worried sick about fire taking Tassajara for weeks but this is so much worse.
A friend called to offer to help me evacuate with his van if I need it. Really nice gesture, but makes me worried than I was before. 

I live down from Summit Rd.. It seems to be blowing NE today. I didn't see any smoke this morning on my commute until I got to Summit Store. Lots of fire trucks heading up to Loma Prieta. I gave them all the thumbs up as I passed them. 

I'm keeping tabs on the cal fire twitter to see if I need to head home early and pack up...

--tg
I can barely think.  I was so distracted that I drove to Union City before I realized I missed my exit.  

Been monitoring the Loma Prieta Fire constantly.  It's now at 5% containment (last night's stat was presumptuous).  It's still several miles from MMC.  The MMC community has been keeping in contact via facebook and email.  Fortunately, the office is quiet.  Gigi is in the warehouse labeling swords.  

On top of all this, I got a call from a friend of a really good friend, someone I've never met or spoken to before.  I only know of her through that friend.  She's getting a circle together because that friend is in financial distress and just a payment away from being homeless.  I hate getting those circle gathering calls.  And I'm not really solvent enough right now to help financially.  So frustrating.  

I want to go back to Symbiosis where everything is just bass and art.
I went to the gym for a mid-day yoga class hoping for a little stress relief, but about 10 min in, the fire alarms went off and we all had to evacuate the building and stand outside, barefoot, in the heat, for 30 min while the fire department came and investigated. Then when we got the all clear, the alarm was still going off, so they cancelled the class. I got my stuff and went back to work.

I think the forces might be aligning...

Undecided

--tg
Was that fire alarm picking up on all the smoke?  The drive home yesterday was intense because the fire looked like an atomic mushroom cloud.  This morning it was clear and I thought 'yay! it's out' but the news begs to differ.  And by lunch I could see the smoke plume again, now looking like a brownish fog bank creeping northward up the range.  

If MMS burns, our whole reason for moving to the Cruz will be undone.  That would be such a horrible fate for Tara, as she's in her senior year, and splitting up her classmates and transferring to a new school would just be catastrophic now.
Please don't let Mount Midoriyama burn. Please don't let Mount Midoriyama burn.

I don't think Fate hates you that much, DM
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm