Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copa America Mexico v Chile
I do not follow Soccer.

Dee Dee's friend backed out at the last minute and she asked me to go watch the $200 per seat match.

I had not been to Levi's Stadium so thought this would be a good opportunity to work it out.

I've liked the Mexican culture and influence on California. DM may remember the little Cholos that used to plague the Meridian Quad until we learned to play with them and they became part of the team (DM - Clear this up, was it our era or my previous era that this happened). Ever since then I started to love Mexican culture and appreciate what they bring to  the Bay Area.

So - short answer, I was rooting for Mexico.

We drove to Santa Clara and followed the signs to 'self-parking'. This turned out to be a golf course. Not 'near' the golf course but on the green. Our parking place was next to a sand trap. The path to Levi's Stadium was about a mile (checked on Google Earth afterwards) and cost $50.

After the 30 minute wait for bag-check we took the escalator and climbed stairs to the 3rd tier. Unlike ATT Park the space in front of the upper seats is very narrow. Your life is in your hands.

Mexico was soundly defeated 7 - 0 and there were fans tearing off their Jerseys and throwing them into the field, drink throwing , swearing and leaving early.

The whole time I was thinking - "For the price of this ticket I could get a 4GB Video Card" (reality check - Dee Dee bought these tickets as a $200 group which equates to $50 per 4 game package, but still...)

TL/DR - ED went to a soccer game
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Told ya. Levis es muy malo.

No recuerdo cholos de MQ6.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
My office mate went to that game with her two boys and husband. They were rooting for Chile (not sure if she being Ukranian, and he being French had any bearing on that) until the beer throwing which started pretty early in the game. Then it just got more and more crazy and they were worried about their kids. Fights were breaking out and security we all just standing in a group nearby and not intervening. 

She had a laugh while taking the lightrail home among the soccer fans yelling "USA, USA" in chorus...

--tg