Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4:20
Has anybody found the right things to say in these situations?

Are you heading up to Oregon?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I just called him.  Fucking hard call.  He's in an out with the meds.  I'll call him again later if he's still receiving calls.

We've kept a weekly email correspondence for years.  It used to be every working day, back when he was still working, before disability took him a few years ago.  Apart from you guys, he is my closest non-familial confidante.  I'll be lost without him for a while.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Oh, crap.  Sorry to hear this.
I'm nobody's pony.
So sorry DM. That is harsh.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Just talked to an old mutual friend who I haven't spoken with in years.  We've been messaging each other about this.  We were all partners-in-crime when I first started volunteering for Rock Med 30 years ago.  Talked to Raz this morning too - someone some of you will surely remember.  Also talked to RM's present director, but more about KFTC25 AF, and only mentioned it in passing.  He's in the Bahamas 'working' and is too young to have known him.  

They aren't sure he will make it out of the hospital to hospice.  We shall see.
I'm sorry, DM.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
If all went well, my friend was transferred to a nursing facility today. I'll try call him again Monday. We  spoke twice on the phone while he was in the hospital. He was accepting of his inevitable fate in our last conversation, but pretty heavily medicated, so in and out. It reminds me of when my dad was in hospice. Each conversation might be the last.
Been awake for a bit and just realized I might as well post here. On work days I usually struggle to get back to sleep and posting tends to wake me up more. Bit today is Saturday so I can sleep in.
yay...
Come on! Time to go shopping before we go see GOTG vol2

Might as well post here as I'm up now for no good reason.
You could join me on the trail picking up 10lbs of raw chicken left out for the coyotes.

I was planning to reply at 4:20 pm but got wrapped up in work and spaced it. I was trying to do some spin on Morrison's 'I eat more chicken then any man' with Greg picking up coyote chicken fodder but couldn't make it work. Maybe that should be handed off to CF... he's better at that sort of thing here.
Brain circus on overdrive. I'll be so relieved when KFTC25 AF is done.
Went the other way today. Chicken walk tomorrow.

Today's walk had chicken. And coyotes.