Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November 12th DOOM Pre-Holiday Bash
I cobbled this together from our emails during the great forum crash of 2006. I wasn't sure where to put DOOM Gatherings unde rthe new format, but I figure it's a big question...

I stole this from Drunk Monk and moved it to it's proper place.

Saturday, November 12th
6PM - ???
Maggimoto Castle
745 Aileen St (1/2 block from MLK)
Oakland,CA 94609
HM: 510-601-1795
CELL: 510-207-5122
Drum: 2 low, 3 high

Pizza will be pre-ordered (submit your toppings request early, otherwise it will be 1 Pepperoni + 1 Cheese + 1 Sausage&Mushroom + 1 Pineapple and Jalapeno)
~ED

I've added cranefly to the list since he said he'd actually go out and buy something fresh for us. Cutie Honey was one candidate.
I'm in. Jalapenos make my butt itch. How about artichoke hearts and garlic?
~DM

Maybe Mark wants your butt to itch, Gene.
~BR

Garlic gives me fruity winds. It's my counterattack.
~DM

Uhhh... This promises to be a lot of fun...
Okay, Cutie Honey is on its way, along with Surprise Option Two. No, not the name of a flick, but it could be.
Nov. 12 it is. I should be able to make it.
~CF

I've heard really good things about this movie. Here's
a customer review from Amazon:

This film is quite fantastic if you are a fan of ridiculous Asian cinema or any of the Power Rangers series. No matter how bad or good you think the film is, you will be sucked in by the uber-attractive Erika Sato, unless of course you are not attracted to women. She is beyond cute. But you want to know about the film...OK.

There isn't much of a story. Cutie Honey has to beat the bda guys and save the day because the police force is very inept. There are 5 ridiculous baddies she must fight off on her way to saving the world (some tougher than others). The effects are surprisingly good (mostly). You have to know what you are getting into when you pop it in just by looking at the cover, so if you don't find ridiculously stupid Asian films with ridiculously attractive Asian girls fun to watch, you are in the wrong place. Enjoy!
~ED

And I thought a stripper was going to show up.
~BR

A stripper other than you?
~DM
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Might I suggest that you just have one DOOM Gathering forum? One should cover it. After all, we won't be needing this 2005 one for very long. And too many forums will become cumbersome - too many clicks to play... Confusedmt079
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Is the pace too much? Is there too much information for you to grasp? Suffer!

Actually, I had considered it . . . .
It's not that there's too much information. It's that there are too many clicks to get to that information. More clicks, less action. Less clicks, more action. Remember, I've made a good portion of my income selling stuff here on the web for over a decade now. Not that it's much money. Hell, I'm broke. Oh nevermind.

NOW BACK OT
So who is going to the inaugural new-millennium Maggomoto Castle DOOM gathering? And what are your shirt sizes again? I'll be there. And I wear a large...
Yep, I should be there.

Oh, and my shirt size is six inches.

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
So let's see, we have me, El Dingo, Cutie Honey and cranefly.... Anyone know Cutie Honey's shirt size? I'm guessing petite.

Come on, brothers! This is the inaugural gathering for Maggimoto castle #2. There isn't enough blood between the three of us to give this a proper christening...
But I won't be there.

But what are we doing the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving, my usual day. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
...then you'll be there, in a manner of speaking. Double XL, eh? We'll see what we can do...
DrunkMonk, why so bitter? Who hurt you?

We all could meet at Jake's . . . .
I was hoping I'd be able to jump in here and holler, "Yes! I'll BE there!" But I'll be working all day Saturday, and ready to crash by the time you're just getting geared up.

Should I have put this under "my job sucks more than yours?" Or should I wait until I get fired, and then post over there?

I'll have to think about that one myself, I reckon.
No, he's not still boycotting the forum, he's just hella busy now. But we had some other bizness, and I pestered him, so he's in. Now we're at El Dingo, cranefly, me and Legbone, with a virtual visit from webmaster Greg. Any others? Please note: I'll have to order the shirts so if you don't get the sizes to me by tomorrow, you'll just have to wait until the next round.. AND I'll be pissed if I make a shirt and you don't show. Hella pissed. Hella, hella, hella...
Okay, I'm going to get a bit more explicit and suggest I'm a large.
Not that I am. I'm actually kind of scrawny. But sometimes I flare up like one of those hooded lizards. So, yeah, make me a large.

As for Cutie Honey... Well, based on the DVD cover, I'm not certain she wears a whole lot of shirts. I mean, at the slightest provocation, sproing!

Although this is pure speculation on my part. Wishful thinking, let's say. She's actually fully dressed on the cover (outrageously so), and though I've wanted to, I've yet to crack open the DVD box.

--rambling cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
...he'll be coming up from San Jose, leaving around 5 or 6. We might carpool, so schedule accordingly.
Legbone and I will be carpooling to give him a little more sober up time on the way home. He's going to be at my place around 6, so we won't make it up until 6:30-:45 or so.

BTW, any interest in Shaolin Dolemite? It's blacksploitation meets old school kung fu - not a great movie, but one that we could all make snide comments about between eating and drinking.
Lori and I are planning to go see Black Narcissus at the Varsity (or whatever the theater is called) Saturday morning.

I suppose I can endure a double dose of blacksploitation in one day.

Sure, bring it.

But don't expect me to make snide remarks during it. I've outgrown such childish games and now sit with quiet attentiveness, showing the utmost respect for all things celluloid, even taking notes.

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.