Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babymetal
We've mentioned them 3x before on this forum.  With this video, they have officially moved to my 'must see' list for music.  Stay tuned.  More to come...

RM don't work the Regency.  I gotta buy tix?  srsly?!?  Confused
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Suddenly, with this new vid, BabyMetal makes sense.  The gals are kitsune - fox spirits - and they're coming over to America to take over.  If you know your Japanese mythology, you know what I mean.

It's nice that Colbert has achieved such a level of success that Babymetal will stoop to making an appearance on the Late Show.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/babymet...n-colbert/
I'm nobody's pony.
Rob Zombie to the rescue:

[Image: babymetal_rob_zombie_facebook_0516.cbc06...e0010a.jpg]
http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2016/05/...babymetal/
I'm nobody's pony.
At one point they turned their gazes skyward and let the hail bounce off their eyeballs.  --Cranefly
[Image: babymetal.jpg]
Hail Can’t Stop Babymetal at Download Festival 2016 
http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/3215/2...-video.htm
I'm nobody's pony.
RM has picked up working the Regency again...
It's tonight but I'm not going. I thought long and hard about it.  I even texted my ol' Warfield supe, somewhat to get her blessings, somewhat to allay my concerns.  But the deciding factor was that I just don't have the bandwidth.  I'm launching into a super busy three weeks of CA summer, and this must just fall to the wayside.  

I'll catch them next time perhaps.
Quitter.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I could be seeing this in a few hours.  But I am too weak. Crybaby 

Quote:Watch Rob Halford Cover Judas Priest Classics With Babymetal
Iconic frontman, pop-metal trio perform "Painkiller," "Breaking the Law" at Alternative Press Music Awards

By Kory Grow
1 day ago[/url][url=http://rol.st/2a5wSof]

The seemingly unlikely pairing of Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford and teenage pop-metal crew Babymetal united Monday night for performances of a couple of Priest's fan favorites. The duet was one of the spectacles at an awards show with a mouthful of a name – the Journeys Alternative Press Music Awards, Fueled by Monster Energy Drink – that took place at Columbus, Ohio's Schottenstein Center.

Babymetal's band kicks off the performance with the thunderous drum intro to Priest's thrashy "Painkiller," and Halford struts on stage in a red leather jacket and biker gloves to trade verses with the Japanese group's frontwoman, Su-metal, and harmonize on the chorus. As the song ends, Su-metal introduces her fellow singers – Yuimetal and Moametal – who come out with guitars to play the razor-sharp intro to the anthemic "Breaking the Law."
"That was really intense: Babymetal give a thousand percent just like Priest," Halford said in a statement after the performance. "They're leading the charge into the new frontier of heavy metal."
"It was really amazing and fantastic," Su-metal said. "A collaboration with Rob Halford, the 'Metal God,' has always been my dream. I never imagined that dream would come true!"
The awards show also featured a performance by Creed singer Scott Stapp joining A Day to Remember, Black Veil Brides singer Andy Biersack fronting an all-star band containing members of My Chemical Romance, Goldfinger and others and members of Underoath with Beartooth. Marilyn Manson also received the Icon Award. Video of other performances and recaps of the evening are on the awards show's website.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/w...al-w429794

Some friends of mine went to the show.  They said it was good and they were glad to have seen it but they aren't ready to jump on tour or anything and doubt they'd go out of their way to see them again.  They are picky deadheads.  Very picky.
Babymetal Teams With Warner Bros On Live-Action Animated Digital Series
by Denise Petski

September 28, 2016 2:30pm
  • [Image: babymetal-4.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1]
Courtesy of Warner Bros.

Babymetal is moving into the digital series arena. The Japanese pop-metal music sensation is teaming with Warner Bros digital studio Blue Ribbon Content and Japan’s Amuse Inc. subsidiary Amuse USA to develop an original hybrid live-action and animated shortform series. Babymetal creator and manager Key Kobayashi, aka Kobametal, also is producing.
The action-adventure will take viewers inside the magical world of heavy metal music as it comes under attack, and one lonely god, Kitsune, forms the warrior band Babymetal to save the day. In the series, Su-Metal, Yuimetal and Moametal join together to ultimately redefine the genre. The series also will feature new live-action performances from the group, who will enter the animated world through a secret portal.
Fronted by three teenage girls with choreographed dance moves to accompany their vocals, Babymetal is making waves in the music industry with two albums that have solidified the Japanese pop-metal band’s cross-continent success. The group recently caught the attention of Red Hot Chili Peppers, who are taking them on their first UK tour in five years.
The group’s first studio album earned the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s World Album chart, and the official live music video for their debut album’s lead single,“Gimme Chocolate!!,” has garnered more than 60 million views on YouTube (watch it below). Their sophomore album, Metal Resistance, made them the first Japanese act in 53 years to make the Billboard 200 album chart’s top 40.
“Babymetal have to be seen to believed — a mind-blowing, fun combination of pop vocals, heavy metal music and dance choreography brought to life by three incredibly talented teenage stars,” said Sam Register, President of Warner Bros Animation and Warner Digital Series. “We are huge fans here at Blue Ribbon Content and are extremely excited to help bring the Babymetal phenomenon to U.S. audiences through this upcoming digital series.”