Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Quinault -- Olympic Peninsula
We arrived Wednesday, will stay through Sunday.
This is the view out our cabin.

[Image: rainforest%20writers%20village.jpg]

The forecast is forever drizzle.
I guess it’s called a rain forest for a reason.
Yeti country, with a touch of Nessie.
I'm nobody's pony.
Why is everything so wet? Is that normal?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

got sandbags?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'd post a photo for today, but wifi is threadbare, would require a couple hours of trial and error.

Just take the above photo, hit it with a drizzle filter in photoshop, and use that.

Constant roof-patter day and night.

Went for a wet walk, saw the largest Sitka Spruce in the world.  This area also has the largest Douglas Fir, the largest Western Red Cedar, and the list goes on.

I guess some trees really like constant drizzle.

The place reminds me of Mountain View, except for everything.
I'm nobody's pony.
Friday update:

Hit that image with another drizzle filter.

The roof-patter continues unabated.
I'm nobody's pony.
Used to live up that way when I was a very young yeti. I remember one family camping trip that was rain 24/7.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Yes, we're doing this writer's workshop in the rainforest again.

Currently at the Lewis River Inn just north of Portland, about 3 hours from destination.
Note to self.  When a motel says cheerily that they have free internet access, dutifully request that they prove it.
Very spotty, slow, in and out.  Takes a half hour effort to be on for five minutes.

Lake Quinalt might be worse.  Hard to say.

We're about to seek out sea lions eating smelt in the river.
I'm nobody's pony.
Ever smelt a sea lion eating smelt?  That's got to inspire some sort of writing...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Lost power last night for a couple hours.  The office handed out nifty LED lanterns.
Some people had to be rescued from their cabins because of flooding.  The office gave some people waders, which is the only way to get from their cabins to the main meeting places.
Rain off and on, with some spots of sun today.  But mostly rain, fog, and yetis.
Better post this now, because the internet only works a minute or two a day.
I'm nobody's pony.
Yetis? So it's a Paradise, then?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.