Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Sabbath @ SAP Center 02/09/16
I'm not a huge Black Sabbath fan.

Their music has a blues root (like Led Zeppelin) that doesn't tickle my intellectual funnybone like Pink Floyd or The Beatles. In fact, I toss rock music that calls women 'babe' or 'mama' on the trashpile. Sure, some songs break that rule but they are few and far between.

I also don't like lyrics that repeat, like 'I left the doors unlocked, yes I said I left the doors unlocked'. Don't insult my intelligence. You said you left the doors unlocked unlocked once; good enough.

Anyway, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin et al were never huge for me. Blues Metal was too 'sentimental'.

However, a friend really liked Black Sabbath so I bought tickets for his birthday.

First - we were in row 2 of the 2nd level.  This was weird because it was all folding chairs with no arm-rests so you were very close to your neighbor. The space in front of you was about 8" so gettiing to your seat was awkward. If you're tall (like me) you're going to experience leg cramps. I gave a standing ovation to every song.

I love Ozzy Osbourne. The show was great. A bunch of songs I didn't know alongside "War Pigs", "Iron Man" and "Paranoid".

It was weird seeing a guy saying "God bless you all - our next song is 'God is Dead' "
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I miss the Oz fest.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse